38. mistletoe || felix.v

https://avyannadawn.tumblr.com/

Fandom: Twilight

Pairing: Paul Lahote x female reader + Felix Volturi x female reader

Wc: 3.1k (i kinda went on a tangent, sorry :))

------

It had been centuries since the Volturi ever truly celebrated any holiday. The perks of immortality meant that the holidays didn't really carry much meaning as they did to most humans. The more years spent dwelling upon such trivial days start to waste away the excitement of it all. Yet, sitting on the plane, adjacent to Demetri, Felix felt that same childhood excitement bubbling under the surface of his skin. Anticipation nagging at his attention, annoying the mightily hell out of his friend.

"Felix, for the love of God, what is with you today? You hate the holidays and you utterly loathe the Cullens, why in all the Gods' names are you squirming in your seat as if you're going to burst?" The tracker snapped, irritated over the fact he was yet to win in their little game of chess. The oversized brute merely grumbled in response, itching to know the answer himself.

After what happened with resume, or whatever the half breed child is called. The Cullen's had been set on inviting the main Volturi members to their household as a way to mend the bridge that was once burnt. Aro had greedily accepted, in not only hopes of rekindling his friendship with Carlisle but to also convince his children, the powerful ones, to join (much to everyone else's dismay).

It was the evening of Christmas eve when the Volturi walked up the driveway of the Cullens house, snow flurries fluttering down around them. Even in a cold, dirty, isolated town such as Forks, the white frost coating made everything seem angelic. The dying light ricochetting off of the light falling snow, casting a sombre glow everywhere.

The guards had seen various ways people seemed to celebrate Christmas; lights, food, alcohol and family. Yet the Cullens seemed to think inviting werewolves was a worthy substitute, much to everyone else's disgust. Despite the overpowering smell of wet mutt, something sweet filled the air.

Felix turned from where he stood by the living room entrance, to see you. The light radiating from the fireplace cast a gentle glow against your skin, making you seem ethereal.

He was frozen, the little beauty before him making him weak in the knees. You turned, eyelashes fluttering slowly as your gaze fixed onto Felix. And as if a string had snapped between the two of you, he knew he'd forever be bound to you. The complete and utter love that consumed him felt so warm, he thought he could've been human once more.

A cough snapped him out of his trance. In those moments he didn't seem to see you snuggled up against someone, his arm draped around you as you huddled into his side.

You looked to him, your eyes widened as you looked between the stranger who seemed so familiar to you, feeling as if you have known him your whole life and back to the man you have known your whole life. Paul's grip on you tightened as he glared at the tall giant by the door.

Your eyes shifted back to the stranger who seamlessly caught your attention. Your eyes widened when you realised what you were doing, adverting your eyes back to your boyfriend.

Felix tilted his head towards Marcus, whose eyes were already on him. A small fond smile painted across his lips as he nodded towards him. His head snapped right back to the mutt whose arms were wrapped around you, trying his hardest to hide his snarls.

There was one tiny secret about Felix that people seemed to miss; he loved a good challenge. And the mere thought of losing his mate to a mutt of all thing did not sit right with him at all.