11. Paul Lahote - Sugar

https://babygirlbites.tumblr.com/

An imagine in which you are Paul's imprint and you get into an unfortunate situation

Warnings; mentions of prior smut, teenage pregnancy/abortion (not detailed/brief)

----

Forks was rainy as ever, and although it wasn't something that would normally get you down, it didn't bode well in addition to the other shitty sequences of your day so far.

You'd taken the bus to the clinic outside of town, primarily to avoid bumping into anyone you knew. It was an ever pressing issue of being reared in a small community in which everyone knew everyone's business. It's also extremely hard to think up an excuse as to why you're in an abortion clinic if your aunt Debra happens to stroll by due to some inevitable stroke of fate.

Fate hadn't exactly been kind to you so far. If it wasn't for your long term boyfriend forgetting to slip on a condom and your break in taking the pill artfully aligning then maybe you wouldn't be walking from a bus stop in the rain with you hair plastered to your face.

It hasn't been an easy choice, you had taken some time to consider all your options. As a kid, you'd always had these "what if" conversation about your future - teenage pregnancy hadn't exactly came up. However you'd always wanted kids, which made this decision significantly harder.

In the childhood vision, Paul would always tell you how you and him would get older, run away from town, get married and have babies.

Things had certainly changed since the original plan; but Paul had remained a constant in your life. Although Paul was not the boyfriend figure he had always invisioned

Be that as it may, Paul was there when you panicked about missing your period, he was also there when you too the test and he was definitely there to wipe your tears when it came out as positive.

Your phone buzzed, but you knew who it was. Part of you was scared to answer him, even though he was your best friend. Your actual boyfriend knew nothing of the situation and wouldn't be concerned when you took a day off school for 'illness'. Your mum didn't know either, and she was at work away from her phone. You knew Paul was the one ringing but you decided to ignore it and push on through the drizzle.

You were ashamed enough as it was that you had just got rid of this life, and you didn't need his big brown eyes adding to that guilt.

Mostly you felt stupid. One shag,one accident, one slip up and all of these had become a relatively. If only it was option to go back to that moment: you'd replay it so differently. It wasn't even that good anyway, did you even enjoy it?

Now was not the time to be questioning your sex life, as you reached you front gate you saw a figure huddled under the terrace.

A very tall, solemn figure.

You intended to continue like everything was normal, to drop him a smile forget today ever happened.

However when he looked up and met your eyes he held an expression that stopped you in your tracks.

Literally, you were frozen half way down the path to your front steps by his knowing look.

Without even realising a sob unleashed itself from the back of your throat and you could taste your own salty tears blending with that of the heavy downpour from the sky.

At that moment the bad boy of La Push took two large steps towards you and crushed you into a firm and desperate hug - his emotions just as present as your own it would seem.

"I tracked your phone to outside of town, I googled the clinic" he murmured softly, making your tears fall harder. He lifted you slightly off the ground, so your feet were on top of his own, as he scurried you into your own house.

The next actions were a blur but you awoke out of your thoughts on your sofa by the fire, nursing a warm cup and you damp coat was off, in its place a blanket, draped over your shoulders to chat your dripping hair. Paul was next to you, sitting on the floor with his side leaning against the sofa.

"Did he tell you to do this?" He didn't take his eyes from the fire as he spoke.

"I didn't tell him anything, he didn't want kids" your voice comes out croakier than expected. Great, a cold on top of the emotional baggage you already were saddled with.

"You always did" he muttered, but his eyes found yours. It was like stumbling back in time, you were kids again, playing on first beach while your mums chatted in the car. They would joke about how much of a crush Paul had on you, his mum insisting on a winter wedding which would make him blush and groan.

Paul may have changed in a lot of ways, but he still had feelings for you. He still cared, maybe more than you did about yourself right now.

"Thank you"

"What for?" Paul genuinely looks lost, you clearly hadn't given him the answe he expected.

" everything."