65. The Three Of Us (Chelsea x Reader x Afton)

https://like-rain-or-confetti.tumblr.com/

----

You were always the loner type. You didn't have friends. You didn't want people too close.
That was how you survived. You were a nomad before you were in the Volturi. Somehow, a red head named Chelsea was the one to convince you to stay.
You found it increasingly difficult to forget or ignore her like you could the others as they could ignore you. You couldn't ignore the warm feeling you felt around her. After some time, you knew you couldn't keep it to yourself. Since you discovered Chelsea's gift, maybe that was a part of it.

You eventually spoke to Heidi about it.
Heidi made it clear that it wasn't normal or a part of Chelsea's ability. However it was hard to tell if it was you or if Chelsea had over done it.
Naturally, her advice was to tell you. Heidi quickly assured you that it would be fine and that both Chelsea and Afton were very understanding.
It wouldn't have been the first time.

Chelsea appeared surprised when you were at her door.
"Why hello there." She smiled.
You didn't smile. You couldn't. Not when you felt your whole life was falling apart. Her eyes filled with curiosity as she looked at you.
"I need your help." You said quietly.

Once she let you in, you told her everything. You told her that you didn't want to feel this way, yet you did and nothing you did made it stop.
"Oh sweetie, you don't love me."
"No, but Chelsea-" She cut you off. "Let's get a proper look at you." Chelsea moved forward, cradling your face in her hands. "You're a looker, aren't you?" She smiled as she looked into your eyes, leaning forward slightly when as you bit your lip. It hurt to even have her close.
"Chel-"
The woman hushed you with a soft shake of her head. "Shh, sugar. You don't even know what you're saying." She said softly.
You exhaled with a small shake of your head. If only she'd listen.
"Chelsea..." You said weakly.
"Listen to me." She said gently. "You don't need to worry."
"You need to fix it." You begged her.
She pressed a finger to your lips. "Trust me. I know what I'm doing."

Chelsea lightly kicked the leg crossed over her other leg, her head tilted ever so slightly. She hadn't intended for you to be bound to the Volturi that much. However, every now and then, it did happen.
She recalled how your wide eyes looked into her own. Your mouth slightly agape as you were filled with worry. Of all reactions she had seen, never had she seen such fear. She was used to anger, frustration, confusion, artificial happiness or even slightly dazed but never had she seen fear. Were you so afraid to love? Word had spread among the guard that you were a loner. You kept to yourself much like Afton and Santiago.
It made her think. She hadn't lied when she said you were beautiful. The more she thought, the more she didn't want to fix it. The more she thought, she wanted to have you for herself.

"You're not taller than me, you're wearing heels!" You looked down, frowning slightly.
"With or without them honey, I'm taller than you." Chelsea smiled widely.
You huffed. "Hate that."
"You're being silly." Chelsea sighed.
"You're basically saying you're the boss of me because you're taller!" You gawked.
"No, I said I know more. The height comment was just a tease." She smirked.
"Chelsea, you are literally smirking, you can't even fool yourself!" You pouted. She said nothing but giggled. "I'm taller than most because of my heels. Even Afton." She smiled.
"And without?" You prompted.
"He's a head or so taller than me."
"Ha!"

In the library, it was quiet. That would have been normal any other given moment but something was off.
You stopped in your tracks, unable to to shake the feeling you were being watched.
Yet as you looked around the room, you saw no one.
You turned towards the door and that's when you heard the small creak behind you.
You spun around and yelped in fright when you found Afton right behind you. He seemed just as alarmed, curling into himself slightly, taken aback from your reaction.
"Afton! You scared me!" You took an unneeded breath.
"My apologies. I thought you knew I was here."
"It's fine...I just... invisibility, I forgot."
Afton shifted slightly with discomfort.
Then Chelsea turned the corner with a smile. "It's okay, sugar. He's the silent type. One of many things I like about him." She winked towards Afton who gave a her a ghost of a smile in return.
You hadn't actually been in a conversation with them since that night.
"I'm sorry, Afton. I don't want to seem rude. You just started me."
Afton nodded with a reassuring look.
Silence took over as you felt Chelsea and Afton's gaze upon you. You looked down slightly. Nervous about the reaction of what you'd say next.
You spoke up. "I'm so glad that...despite everything, we can still be on good terms." You said.
Chelsea cracked a smile. "I am too." She said softly.
Afton simply nodded once but seemed almost scared to meet your gaze. "Hopefully I'll see more of you Afton." You said nodding to the pair before you quickly took your leave.