119. Butterflies (The Volturi leaders x Reader)

https://like-rain-or-confetti.tumblr.com/

----

"Alessia, come join me!" You smiled, patting the floor next to you.
"You're going to get me in trouble." Alessia, the receptionist whined.
"Come on! You won't and you're on your lunch break." Alessia sighed but joined you on the floor. The two of you listening to the radio.
"You love this song." She smiled.
That was when Alec and Demetri had been passing by. The two stopped seeing the two of you on the stone floor.
"What on earth are you two doing?" Alec said slightly impatient.
"I'm in my feels!" You loudly declared before gesturing to Alessia. "She's my emotional support."
Alessia blushed slightly in embarrassment whilst you, eyes still shut were miming along with the words. 'I missed so many signs...so many signs.'

The two of you ended up in the garden, the sun beaming down in you both with no vampires around. However, it suddenly wasn't so peaceful. You squeaked, diving down when a butterfly seemed to be very determined to either land on you or torment you...perhaps both.
"They're harmless!" Alessia exclaimed, all the while laughing at your dramatics. "Alessia, help me!" You giggled, trying to duck away from the butterfly as much as you could. Although it seemed to lose interest and carried on. You let out a sigh of relief.
"You're so silly, sometimes." Alessia smiled as she brushed you off.
"Why thank you, I could have died you know." You huffed.
"By a butterfly?"
"I'm sure they said the same thing about frogs and ladybug until they found out some were poisonous!"

The two of you lay in the sun, enjoying the heat against your skin. Being in the Volturi castle made you appreciate the little things like the ability to enjoy the sun.
"Can I stay here forever?" You hummed.
"I don't think they'd like that. Neither would you actually, that doesn't guarantee the sun staying the whole time." Alessia turned her head to look at you with a playful smile.
You rolled your eyes. "You know what I mean."
"I do. I'd want to stay here too." She hummed. "If they'd let me."
You blinked, smile faltering.

That had many meanings. Sure it could be said for that moment but it could also be fitting to Alessia's want to be immortal. Neither of you talked about it, knowing that despite your friendship, you had no influence on the leaders decisions. "Maybe you will." You said lightly, hopeful that saying the words may somehow manifest it into being.
Alessia smiled slightly at you. "If I could stay here forever with you, I would." she assured you. After a moment, Alessia continued. "You could always put a good word in for me though."
Your jaw dropped and she giggled. "Has it ever occurred to you that maybe I like you alive?" You shook your head. "I already tried that."
Alessia rolled over. "No matter what happens just promise me something." "What?"
"These are people who love you, you know?" She nudged you. "No matter what. Remember that, won't you?"
You nodded. "I promise."

One morning you found that Alessia wasn't at reception and no one seemed willing to tell you where she was.
"Demetri!" You called, almost marching up to him. He turned, a hand tucked behind his back.
"Where's Alessia?"

"Just when I thought I finally had a friend who would stick around!" You screamed as you stormed into the throne room getting the three leaders attention immediately.
"(Y/N)-" Aro began as the three leaders moved towards you.
With every step they took, you moved back. "No, don't!"
You noticed that the three seemed to separate, slowly moving towards you. "How could you do this? I thought she-" You began to sob as you spoke quietly.
The three leaders moved closer and strode towards you.
"No, no!" You yelled, protesting loudly as you moved back.
However Caius moved quickly and was the first to grab you and pull you into him. His arms locked around your body, preventing you from lashing out but also holding you to comfort you. You continued to cry.

You spent three days in bed. All your energy had left you from crying. Any energy you regained, didn't last long as another wave of tears hit you. Even as the sun beat down upon your face, you didn't open your eyes or even give it any form of acknowledgement. The leaders allowed it, figuring you were behaving this way out of grief and mourning rather than spite.

When they finally did get you out of bed, you sought solitude in the gardens. Unguarded. Caius was ready to throw a fit about it but it was Marcus who stopped him. The last thing you needed was to be yelled at. Aro supported the decision and the three silently joined you.

You were sitting on the ground, looking at the flowers. As the three crouched down behind you, it was Marcus who reached out to you, putting a hand on your shoulder.
"I knew it." You whispered, tears building once again. "I knew it was coming and it still hurt." You could help the quiet sobs that wracked your body.

Aro was next to reach out to you. He turned you as best as he could before pulling you into an embrace, his hand against the back of your head as he held you. You took the comfort.

For some unexplainable reason, your anger to them wasn't really for them. It was yourself. You had allowed this. You had grown attached.
Suddenly, a white butterfly appeared and softly landed on the hand, you hand across your shoulder. It didn't seem frightened, it was calm and peaceful, even as it seemed to look at you. It was ridiculous but the feeling in your gut was strong.
"Alessia?" You whispered.
The butterfly fluttered it's wings momentarily before taking flight once more.