81. Playing with Fire (Demetri x Reader) 2

https://aquanova99.tumblr.com/

┏━•❃°•°❀°•°❃•━┓

After the pack left Bella tried to get Jacob to run off with the kid. They didn't make it far. Whoever had been in charge had been more than generous however. They decided to let her live, so long as she went with them. The rest of the vampires fled quickly after the pack left and the Cullens had no choice but to agree. It surprised you that Bella opted to stay with her husband instead of her daughter, apparently he wasn't fit to be in their guard.

Jacob had made it back, but he was furious with you. He'd tried to corner you into a fight more than once. It was as if he wasn't a person anymore. He tried to fight everyone, especially because after a while the Cullens left too. Split up apparently. Sam didn't know much more than that. Sam kept true to his word and tried to put you in patrols with the rest of the pack. You didn't mind, it kept your mind off of your imprint. But after the Cullens left, there wasn't much need for patrols and you were forced to deal with that longing in your heart. It physically hurt to not try and find him.

Jacob wouldn't tell you who had gone after him, just that he managed to get someone before the Cullens handed over Renesme. You knew he wanted you to think it was him. It was literally unbearable, you couldn't sleep without waking up in tears. You'd never been more exhausted.

"Y/n, no offense, but you look like crap."

"Gee thanks Quil."

"Have you slept, like at all?"

"Do you mean last night? No."

"I mean at all since the whole thig went down."

"Also no." It was weird, always skirting around the possible battle. It was like if anyone said anything about it, every vampire would come back. The Cullens would try and seek revenge. Or Jacob would pop out ready to bite someone's head off. All possibilities I guess.

Sam made sure you had a bodyguard almost at all times. Which was honestly nice, but kind of annoying. Jacob angry was sloppy. You knew you could take him. Well, maybe not now that you were so tired. These last few weeks were just blending together, you'd gone from completely hating Sam to owing him your life. Staying away from the pack had been almost impossible. You weren't used to the camaraderie. Part of you felt Sam was acting out of guilt from before. To be honest though, it didn't matter either way. It was nice to have people to talk to.

Sam had gotten everyone together at Emily's. Trying to make a treaty within the wolves. Jacob had gotten there late. And now you were ready to leave early.

"Im not staying if shes here."

"Jake, come on—"

"It's fine Sam, I was getting ready to head out." You weren't in the mood to fight today.

"No. Y/n you need to try and rest for like 5 minutes please." Emily sat you on the couch, "He won't bother you. Right Jacob?" As much as Sam was the alpha, no one dared cross Emily.

"Fine, whatever." He went over to help himself to Emily's food. You offered her a grateful smile, she put her hand on your shoulder and went to Sam. Embry and Jared hung around just in case Jacob snapped again. Which didn't take long. He started complaining about ten minutes in.

"I cant believe she would just let a child be taken away like that."

"Jake..." Quil warned

Ignore it. Just. Ignore it. You told yourself, he's hurting just like you are. Even if he has a crap way of showing it. Maybe he'll stop.