142. Caius Volturi - Sneak for Sweets

https://like-rain-or-confetti.tumblr.com/

Caius is terrifying- loud or quiet. So it wasn't out of character when he started screaming in rage but the panic aspect was new. It was also very confusing how you, his human mate, just walked out of the castle with no one noticing.
"Master if I may, (Y/N) is outside and approximately 3 minutes away. I believe they are approaching as we speak."

You should have expected to be bombarded when you returned but you still jumped. "Caius!? Where's the fire!? What's wrong?"
"You left without telling anyone!? Alone!? How!? Why!?"
"How did you know!?" You gaped.
"Demetri!" Caius cried in exasperation.
You swivelled to face Demetri and gasped. "Woah! You really are a GPS! Dang. We gotta train you to track inanimate objects buddy."
You pulled out a chocolate bar, grinning. You loved Galaxy's chocolate. You tore it slightly so you could take a bite.
"How inconsiderate can you be!?" Caius screeched.
You paused, chewing slowly before meekly holding out the chocolate bar.
"I'm sorry, did you want some?" There was a silent pause making you feel even more uncomfortable. "I thought vampires didn't-hey!"
Caius had slapped the chocolate bar out of your grip and it clattered to the floor. "You're lucky I still had the wrapper on that! Do you know how much Galaxy bars are!? This is the good stuff, y'know!?"
"Forget the treat! I'm referring to your lack of consideration for disobeying me and not considering your actions."
"Caius, I left for like ten to fifteen minutes to get some things. I didn't run off to the South Pole!? Geez, like you said, you didn't even notice I was gone until I was on my way back here!"
"I don't want you going out alone!"
"I'm going to put down the ten to fifteen minutes card again."
"(Y/N), this isn't the time for humour."
"Listen, Caius, baby-" you rummaged into your bag, and tearing into a blue box before dangling out one of it's contents. "I'll give you a Jaffa cake if we can just forget all about this and move on."
"That looks disgu-what is that?" Caius scrunched his face up at it.
"I know right!? Is it a biscuit? Is it a cake?" You rambled.
Your eyes widened slightly as Caius' words became broken. He was unable to form a sentence. You stared him down, thinking you might have broken him. However, that didn't stop you from bringing the Jaffa cake to your lips and taking a bite.
A shrill noise escaped Caius and he stomped off before moving inhumanly fast. Leaving you all in silence. You looked the the four guards in the room, the twins, Felix and Demetri who stared back at you. You grabbed the box of Jaffa cakes. "I'll share them if you tell me where he went."

You slowly and quietly knocked. "Caius...?" You peaked your head around the door to see Caius sitting on an arm chair, his hand covering his face.
"Leave." He grumbled.
"I will but...I just wanted to say something first."
"I'm not in the mood for games."
"No games, I promise. 100% serious." You raised your hands before kneeling down in front of him so that you could look at him from under his hand. You put your hand on his knee. "I'm sorry I left and didn't say anything. I didn't think it would be so bad since I wouldn't be gone for long."
"What if something happened to you and you didn't return?"
"That's no life worth living to live in fear." You held his free hand.
"You treat my concern like a game. There's nothing humorous about it." Caius' voice was strained.
"I do it because I want you to trust me, like I trust you. You know if I went too far away or for too long. You have a tracker, the best of the best and don't get me started on everyone else."
"It is not about a lacking of trust. Marcus let Didyme's out of his sight and even as a vampire, he lost her. You're human. You're so easy to lose." He whispered the last sentence.
"Caius..." You're heart hurt for him. "I understand that but doing this, will only ensure that you do lose me. Death isn't the only way to lose someone."
"I have Chelsea..."
"Right now, you have the real thing." You shot back. "Use Chelsea on me, and you'll be guaranteed a love that wasn't real, that wasn't from me." Caius didn't seem pleased by that answer. "I'm not saying this to hurt you. I'm telling you because I trust that you love me. That you'd make sacrifices for me just as I would for you. If you can't trust me to love you and stay with you then this won't work." He didn't seem to budge but you knew better than that. You moved your hands to his waist, ignoring how his knees dug into your middle. "I know you don't want to use Chelsea on me." You whispered. Caius' eyes shifted to you, his hand moving away slightly from his face. "Please believe me." You said softly.
Caius' hand moved from his face to your own, stroking your cheek with a cold thumb. "How could I not?"
You sighed in relief, a smile growing on your face. "Trust me enough to at least try, my love. In return I won't go out without someone with me and definitely let you know before I go."

You moved to a stand, bending slightly to hug him, your hands moving from his sides to completely wrap around his waist. You huffed. "Hug me back, you stubborn man! Come on!" Your arms quickly moved to lift his arms to your back. "This isn't comfortable, even for me, my love." Caius said, not entirely following your prompt.
"You're sitting, what do you want me to do?"
"Let me stand."

You barely had time to step away before he stood up straight.
"You are a menace." Caius' eyes narrowed on you as he backed you. You thought you'd eventually hit a wall, maybe even a table but thankfully, you fell back onto the bed. You smiled. "I'm completely innocent."
Caius slowly climbed on top of you. "You are a scheming little minx, who enjoys tormenting me."
"...So you're not wrong with the last part." You grinned. Pushing him to roll on his side as you rolled to face him. "I'll make it up to you right now." You immediately snuggled into his chest. "There's nothing better than a good cuddle to say sorry." Surprisingly, Caius wrapped his arms around you, planting a kiss to your head.