97. Cauis Volturi x Mate!Reader

https://kerakaali.tumblr.com/

Reader is quite insecure at the latter half so keep that in mind. + suggestive language at the end.

Summary: you visit your mate, Caius in his own personal atelier. (Hurt/comfort kinda)

1100ish words + not proof read

-----

I was standing in front of Caius' atelier; it was his own personal space. Even Marcus and Aro didn't go there without his permission. His own space, I didn't want to break his peace, his own little bubble. And what if he was busy, what if he doesn't have time for me anymore. What if...

"You can just come in," It was Caius, but he didn't sound annoyed. He sounded calm, something what was rare. I bit the inside of my cheek and opened one of the double doors. I had never been in Caius' atelier; I just didn't want to push his boundry.

But his room was beautiful. It was big, full of natural light white marble walls and more art works than I could count. The walls were backed up with paintings, and few tables full of statues.

I always knew that my mate was talented but I had never guessed that he would be this talented. All the art being more impressive than the last one.

And there he was.
Sitting behind an easel, a canvas in front of him and a paintbrush tucked behind his ear. He was wearing a white blouse, that wasn't from this century. And for my fortune his blouse was unbuttoned to the half way. I felt my face getting hotter. And him wearing black dress pants that were hugging his thighs. He took my breathe away, but it wasn't a rare thing.

"Close the door," He said not even looking at me. I wasn't offended, he look too good to be mad.
"Hi...," I whispered and walked to him. I pressed my hand to his shoulder, slightly massaging him. Pulling my eyes off of him was way too hard. I looked to the canvas in front of us. The canvas was painted to a shade of grey and on top of it was a sketch of..., of..., of me?

"What are you doing?" I asked trying to sound lighthearted. And still, he didn't look at me. "I cannot paint..., this is my fifth try...," His words were more of a whisper. He pointed to the one of the corners of the room, filled with canvases all broken in some way.

"What if you changed the subject?" I asked, trying to cool down the rage I could feel under his skin. And finally, he looked at me. But he seemed to be more offended than anything. I pulled my hand off of him. He shook his head. His beautiful blonde hair was shining in the light. "Sit down...," The words brought me back. "Excuse me?"

He got up and went in front of the easel, picked up a stool and placing it, before pointing it to me. So, not wanting to cause any trouble, I walked to it, sitting down. For a moment we just stared each other.

"Well, get to a pose," He said like he was saying the clearest thing in the world.
"What should I do?!" I asked annoyed and little bit too roughly. Caius sighed and walked back to his easel. I couldn't stop but I had to take a peek of his ass.

"Sit straight, and keep you chin up," He commanded before sitting down to his own stool. I followed his orders.
Time went on with no one said a word. Your mate was concentrating so hard that speaking felt like a crime.
Once in a while Caius would get up and go to the side table with tubes and tubes full of paint. But still, I didn't move, like speaking it felt like a crime.

He came back to his canvas starting to paint again. He truly was gorgeous. He looked like an angel. How did I ever end up with him being my mate? How did I end up with this God? And now he was the one wasting his talents on me.
"Look up, and do you know that you can smile, at least little," I raised my gaze to him, and smiling to him. I could hear him sighing. "I'm sorry...," I whispered. The sadness could be heard from my voice.
Caius' head showed up behind the canvas. "What is wrong," I was too stunned to speak. He was caring but he didn't show it usually this way. He never just asked what was wrong.
"I..., I'm not sure if I'm a good model for you...," I whispered and pressed my eyes to the floor. "What are you talking about?" He asked coming to my side of the easel.

I didn't look up to him, his shoes were the only thing I saw from him. His ice-cold hands found their ways to my cheeks, and he lifted my head up. I was forced to look up, but it didn't mean that I had to look at him. I just kept my eyes on the walls, not wanting to see anger on his face.

"I know I don't say this often..., but you are perfect. You are the only model I would ever want. You are perfect, and I need you to remember it,"

I had to look at him. He never said such things aloud. He always showed his love, he barely ever said it. "I'm just a human. You are a God, I don't deserve you," He let out a dried laughter. "You are the one of us who is God. You are my God. I need you to model for me, because that is the only thing, I can do to honor you," He said pulling me standing. A small smile bloomed on my lips.

"Good, there is that beautiful smile," My cheeks got hot and I lowered my head.

"Can I see the painting?" I asked wanting to change the subject. Unconsciously a pushed my head closer to Caius' hand. "It's not ready yet...," So his answer was no and I gave him a quick look on my best puppy dog eyes. "No, I don't want you to see an unfinished work, especially when it's about you," I knew I had no chance on winning him over.

"Okay..., do you want to continue it then," I asked wanting to see it as quickly as possible. "Not now. Now I want to spend some time with my God," I heard a suggesting sound under his words. The shock must have been showing in my face. "I mean, if you want to...," He continued quickly scared that he was coming out as pressuring.

"Yeah..., that sounds good," I hurried with my own answer. Grabbing his hand and pulling him into a kiss.