57. Sparkles in the Dark (Marcus Volturi x Reader)

https://like-rain-or-confetti.tumblr.com/

WARNING: This has some seriously DARK THEMES. Mentions of kidnapping, human trafficking, trauma, child neglect, alcohol abuse.
But i do promise a happy ending.

----

It's rare for someone to have a very unfortunate life yet see the good in everything.
It takes a lot for someone to find light in the darkness but takes an even more special kind of person to create light in the darkness.

The cold raindrops ran down your face.
The rain was bad that day, clouds smothering every bit of the sky. It was the middle of the afternoon, yet it looked like it was approaching nightfall by the minute. You didn't mind the rain too much, it was the cold. You walked alone down the street, blending with others surrounding you. Some hurrying to get out of the rain, some disgruntled being outside for whatever reason and then there was the few who didn't seem to care about the rain. You didn't leave with a suitable jacket and therefore it took no time for you to become drenched.

You hadn't noticed someone watching you from across the street. Nor had you noticed when they headed in the same direction. No one else seemed to notice the person either, all too busy wrapped in their own thoughts and lives to take notice. You crossed the road, moving to the opposite street before descending the stairs that lead to under the bridge.
A shortcut for you to get home, the stream below the bridge had been drained leaving a dirt path.

Keeping your eyes to the ground, you hadn't noticed the man standing under the bridge until he moved further into your path, straightening up from leaning under the bridge. You met his gaze, but before you could step back, you heard footsteps behind you.
You turned around and with seconds, the man previously in front of you lifted you, covering your mouth.

Days later, you were added to the streets that were covered in papers of pictures the names of missing children. One of many children who were yet to be found. You were fifteen years old and last seen on school grounds. All surrounding towns and cities were notified, your face littered along with many other children's faces on almost every street and every public property.
So many missing children was starting to get much more media attention. Especially as all disappeared under mysterious circumstances.

As far as police investigation, the same people were likely responsible for these disappearances but each case was growing cold by the day.
Your story was a sad one for you were an easier target than some of the kids. Your father was gone, he had been for days and it wasn't any new behaviour. Your father often went away for days at a time.

Your mother was an alcoholic. It took a phone call from your school for her to notice she hadn't seen you since the previous morning. Whilst the school claimed you hadn't turned up for school the next day and asking why your mother hadn't called you in sick. It took further questioning from the police when she filed your missing persons report for her to face that she was more than negligent to her only child. The alcohol being her one priority.

Carlisle and a few others of the Cullen's couldn't help but grimace hearing about the condition of your parents. It only got worse when your neighbours were eager to call out your parents. Some were determined you were dead, your mother probably killing you. Some feeling sympathy for you but not your mother. Others weren't surprised you were gone, hoping you had simply ran away. By that point the darkest of secrets were arising and no one was sure if it were rumour or fact.