84. Playing with Fire (Demetri x Reader) 5

https://aquanova99.tumblr.com/

┏━•❃°•°❀°•°❃•━┓

Any second now. The tenor you were waiting for would come back. Any time now.

"Dem..." Felix hesitated, you didn't want to hear it and he knew that but you both knew you'd have to move eventually

"Don't.' You growled

"Its been a week. You need to feed. She—She's not waking up. Shes gone."

Another growl escaped your throat. You knew you'd been playing on borrowed time. Everyone had left you to mourn only because Marcus had ordered you process things. Whatever that meant. You'd been hoping that the venom Vladimir put in y/n would still cause a transformation of some kind. Anything to keep her with you for a little longer. You'd waited an eternity for your mate, it seemed too cruel to have her disappear within a matter of days. After the fourth day you knew she wouldn't change, her skin didn't harden the way yours did. She got cold but not like you either. She just wouldn't wake up. You hadn't moved from your room since everything went down, holding her limp body since.

"D, please don't make me do this. Masters orders for you to come down."

"Why, so they can use Chelsea and Corin on me? Make everything seem fine and dandy?"

"Marcus won't let them do that. Come on. If its not me it will be the twins."

You didn't care. You half hoped someone would just get rid of you, but no. You were still needed. Your 'gift' was something the volturi wouldn't part with without a fight. Unless they found another one of you. Felix felt bad but he didn't want the twins to get involved.

"I'm sorry D." Felix began prying you off y/n's body. As much as you tried you knew you wouldn't be able to outmaneuver him. Especially when you've gone this long without feeding. He was able to drag you to the throne room. The kings wanted to see you.

"Ah Demetri, we are sorry to have to bring you out here dear boy."

"Masters forgive my bluntness but what is it you all need?"

"Relax Demetri we have a job for you." Caius started, a warning as to not push his buttons.

"Im not leaving her."

"We won't touch her." Marcus said matter of factly.

"But when you return, you have to figure out where to put her to rest."

You growled at Caius's statement. "What do I have to do?"

"We just need you Felix and the twins to make sure the Denli coven aren't planning anything wild. Last we heard from the Cullen boy they were planning on joining him here. Best to pay an in person visit to make a statement." Aro debriefed.

"And I have to go because?"

"Because you have to feed. And this is the only way to get you out of the castle." Caius snapped. You sighed there was no getting out of this.

"Fine." You turned to the rest of the guard, "Lets get this over with."

The flight there put you on edge. Jane didn't hesitate to make sure you were focused entirely on the mission.

"You have 30 minutes to find someone to feed on, and then we have to go."

You debated just running away. How would they find you anyways? Not that you actually could since you wanted get back to your mate. Apparently, you took too long to move because Jane made Felix accompany you. You were surprised Jane was putting up with you as much as she had been at this point. You and Felix found someone rather quickly but you took your time heading back.

"Ready?" Alec asked. The two of you nodded and you led the way to the Denalis. When you finally arrived a few miles from their house Jane stopped the group of you from going all at once.

"Alec you and Felix go first. The only one we should have to worry about is Kate. We will come in a few minutes. Alec nodded and headed off with Felix.

"Why don't we all go at once."

"We should make sure they aren't willing to start a fight when they have the numbers."

"Well then we should at least go in hearing distance."

"Very well." She sped away first, you were usally the faster one in the group but you weren't all there mentally. It took you a while before you got to Jane. "This time speed up, we are meeting up with Felix and Alec."

You sighed, but ran ahead and did as you were told. You did need to get back. The Denalis were cooperative. Apparently Edward was just bluffing. They hadn't heard from any of the Cullens since the confrontation. Thinking about that day just brought back painful memories. You wised you had fought to get to know your mate sooner instead of waiting those two weeks to find the other hybrids. You thought of how many minutes youd wasted. Your whole existence was basically on autopilot at this point you don't even remember leaving their house.

It took a day to fly near the states. A day to get to the denalis. Two more days to get home. You were getting impatient. The ride back seemed to go on forever.

"Demetri?"

Jane snapped you out of your thoughts, "Demetri? Is there anything we can do to help you?"

"Unless you can turn back time." You sighed, "no."

"And if she wasn't gone?" Alec asked

"Alec!" Felix hissed

"Don't you think I've been through enough? Why would you say something so cruel?" You stood up. "How dare you?!?"

Jane stopped you before you could get any further

"Jane relax. He has no idea. We aren't even certain he's right." Felix.

"Demetri hes trying to tell you something." Jane told you.

"What. Are. You. Talking about?"

"Carlisle, ran some tests. Apparently during the newborn war in Seattle the wolves helped wipe them out. The one that showed up got injured and Carlisle took some blood samples to run tests. One of them was to see what venom did to his blood..." He hesitated to say the next part, "its still a theory. But he noticed that venom took a much longer turn around time. It's a weird effect, but the venom shouldn't have killed her."

"Her tenor shouldn't have disappeared then." You weren't about to get your hopes up now.

"You've never had to find a tenor of someone who was turned, have you?" Alec asked

"Don't do that. You cant do that. I can—" you voice broke out in a sob again. You had to try and get it together.

"Demetri." Alec stood to face you. "Try and find it. This mission was supposed to buy her the time she would have needed. Try and find her."

"No. I can't." you kept shaking your head until you felt Felix's hand on your shoulder

"D. You have to try. For her sake." The plane was beginning to descend. You tried to focus on the others in the castle first. You started with the leaders, then Carlisle, then Heidi. Then you tried to find her, your y/n. You weren't even sure what you were looking for. But after awhile you found something. You weren't even sure it was right, but the tenor, the pull felt warm. Suddenly, the plane couldn't descend quick enough. You had to prove this wasn't a mind game. That you weren't tricking yourself.

The second the plane landed you took off towards Volterra. You didn't care who saw you could take care of them later. The others followed behind you. You probably made it there in record time. You threw the doors open. Rushing back towards your room where you last felt her tenor. You almost broke the doors down.

"Y/N!!!"

"Demetri!" She jumped up to hug you. You almost collapsed right then and there. She still looked like her, you almost couldn't believe it. She was in your arms again. You were frozen in place. You didn't dare blink in case she disappeared again.

"You-you're okay??" You finally pulled back to look at her.

She laughed and smiled up at you, "Well you aren't going to get rid of me that easy."