129. Stefan - Bad break up

https://like-rain-or-confetti.tumblr.com/

24 "Try me."

You were brought up mean. People don't walk all over you, no matter who they are. You showed no mercy, no favouritism. Stefan was no exception. It served him right, fabricating your relationship so that he could stay hidden and untracedfrom the Volturi. What he didn't seem to think through however was that you weren't just a cloak of invisibility. You can rip it from him and make him seen like a beacon.
"You won't do anything. You'll move on, it'll only say more of you than it would of me."
You chuckled into the phone in response. "What makes you think I'll go quietly? I certainly won't since that's what you actually want."
"You won't do anything." Stefan repeated, much more forcefully.
There was a silence between you both before you said two simple little words. "Try me." You hung up the phone.

Volterra was deserted at night, it made it easier to roam. Demetri's shoes clicked against the cobbled path. He enjoyed the peace and quiet as well as taking a breath of fresh air. He didn't need it, but just one inhale soothed him and so one breath his all he'd take. The street was lit with orange street lights. He was caught slightly off guard to sense an unfamiliar scent. He wasn't aware of any visitors and they were the only coven in Volterra, possibly in Italy too.

You were bundled up in a black winter coat and boots with a smile that Demetri could only politely describe as self assurance.
He stopped and so did you. "I was just about to come and see you."
"Then you must be relieved to find me here." Demetri responded. "You're (Y/N) (L/N), if my memory serves me correct?"
You nodded. "(Y/N) is fine. We met a couple of years ago, right?"
"We did. A pity it was only indirectly." Demetri said. You couldn't help but think to yourself about how much of a charmer he is. Almost as though it was a switch he didn't know how to turn off. His words either came out as polite or flirting, there was no medium- at least that you had seen. "What can we do for you, (Y/N)?"
"We? No, no." You shook your head. "Just you."
"Oh?"
"I have some information, you're a tracker right?"
It was like a game. Vampires had perfect memory yet you both spoke back and forth as though uncertain about what you remember.
"I am. The best to be more specific."
You chuckled. "I have a somewhat similar gift. From what I know, you can track people but if they move, you'll always be one step behind."
Demetri looked mildly annoyed but let you continue. "Well I can do it but I can follow them step by step. I know when someone is moving as soon as they do. We have a common dislike for two individuals."
"I believe you're referring to the Romanians. We keep them around as an example."
"Oh of course, I'm not doubting you." You tilted your head. "I simply wish to make them an example as not to mess with me."
Demetri quirked an eyebrow but you gave no further explanation.
"Interested?" You smiled maliciously.