88. Alistair - Back In Forks

https://laurenlovesimagines.tumblr.com/

Imagine Alistair being back in forks and unexpectedly finding his mate.

ALISTAIR POV

How were you back in this town before even a year was complete since the last fiasco with the Volturi was still puzzling you. It takes you minimally speaking, a century before you could even think of visiting anywhere for any sort of interaction that didn't involve hunting.

Bloody consciousness. Why did Carlisle have to go and make efforts to be friends with you? You were perfectly fine ignoring him but no it was too much of a task to let you brood in peace.

Turning your back on Carlisle during his confrontation with the Volturi had made you feel.. something. You were here to rectify it right now. See it for yourself that Carlisle held no grudges and stop all these feelings.

The Cullen house was packed when you arrived. Crowds. Nothing sours your mood faster than being in a crowded place. "Carlisle, there was no need for a welcome committee. Are you trying to piss me off?"

You spared a glance around the members of the Cullen coven that were present, lingering on the one called Renesemee. You had observed her enough during your stay last year. Nobody was giving you death stares except for the blonde bitch. You were pretty sure that was just her face.

"Alistair you made it. We were confounded when you announced you were visiting. If I didn't know any better I would think you missed us" Carlisle briefly touched your arm before moving a step back.

"Or the attic"

"Rosalie! No need to be rude. Alistair please come in. We are so glad to see you. I know Carlisle certainly wishes you would come by more often" Esme was smiling lovingly at her husband and everyone moved towards the sitting area in a humanely fashion. So pointless. All of them can stand for months on stretch if they have to without any effort. Yet they were playing their roles so well, all for what? Civilisation? Pathetic.

You stood near the corridor something was tugging you to keep walking but you stopped. A little whiff and there was no mistaking the delicious scent. "Why am I not shocked to find a human at your house" Everyone except Carlisle were frozen like they were ready to take you down the moment you even twitched.

"Purely coincidental. I'm a mentor for this one and she is tenacious. She will be leaving soon. I had no intentions of making you feel uncomfortable" Leave it to Carlisle to trust you and not peg you for a psychopath like the rest of his family.

"I know you, Carlisle. Always playing for the good team." You scoff and take one last look at him and his family. They were fine and they held nothing against your actions. It was time to leave but why were you being tugged towards the human? You definitely weren't hungry. "I didn't plan on staying more than a few minutes, Carlisle. I felt.. bad about my abrupt departure last time." You glared at him but kept your voice in check for the sake of the child present in the room. "Please refrain from involving me in your family drama ever again"