39. Find You (Caius Volturi x Reader x Athenodora Volturi)

https://like-rain-or-confetti.tumblr.com/

--

Five weeks...that's how long you had been gone.
Given you were the mate to both Caius and Athenodora, you were kidnapped by the Romanians.
Unlike Athenodora, you hadn't been placed in the tower and someone had clearly leaked the information of the official relationship. The Volturi had a traitor among them and it was the guards job to find out who.

Many still couldn't believe it, just how easy it had been for you to be taken away. Swiped from under their noses.
Naturally, the first first plan of action was to get Demetri track you or the Romanians, Demetri seemed unable.
That was when Athenodora and Caius began to panic for their little human. No longer did they have the advantage.

You were gifted. You could project images to anyone you knew from anywhere in the world. A form of communication only you could have.
That was the only sign that you were still alive. Those scenes that would be sent to the Volturi. Some were brief and unclear, showing your weakened state.
The couple were relieved when you were still able to talk with them in real time. Your hopes had remained high, you missed your mates.
You missed many of the Volturi and their guard but after so long, you had caught on that something was very wrong. You practically figured out yourself that Demetri couldn't find you. It wouldn't have taken him so long otherwise. However, you didn't know where you were. You were kept in the dark. So you couldn't figure out any descriptive gestures of your surroundings and the Romanians had no intention on giving you even a hint.

You stood before the three leaders.
Another image you had projected.
Your arms covering hugging your own body. You seemed tired but weren't distressed and to them that was a good sign.
"How long has it been?" You asked quietly.
"Five weeks, my dear." Aro said softly.
You nodded. "Demetri still isn't having any luck?"
"Unfortunately not." Marcus replied.
"We're looking into every document we have. If we've missed something, if they've evaded us before, we're going to look over every detail." Caius assured you.
You nodded.
"How are you being treated, dear?" Marcus asked, his gaze softening.
You shrugged. "They're getting impatient. I-I don't know why. They keep asking me questions, asking me about stuff I don't know. I'm still being fed frequently but they're getting angry and I don't know what else to tell them."
"Sweetheart, look at me." Caius ordered softly and you did. Tired eyes meeting his own angered but pained ones. "Everything will be okay. We're spending every moment looking for you."
You nodded. "I know." Your lip quivered as you nodded trembling slightly. You must have been cold.

"I will find you." Caius promised you. "Nothing will stop me from finding you." Slowly he rose to a stand. "I will do everything in my power to bring you home. I will raise hell and divide oceans if I have to."
You swallowed hard but nodded, your eyes locked upon his. "Don't worry, I can handle this. Knowing you're coming...I can take this."
You were staying strong for him. He appreciated it but it wasn't necessary. However your ability to gather such strength within you was one of the things he loved about you. Suddenly you were gone.

"Someone must be helping them." Caius grumbled. "That's the only way the Romanians could've hidden in the first place never mind remaining hidden."
It was clear to see that Caius was doing everything in his power to stay calm and keep control whilst he looked through the large, heavy book that documented the Romanians moves back in the 1500's. This was the first time they'd ever been hidden.
Usually, the Romanians were good at sending the Volturi on a chase, the two seemingly going anywhere until the Volturi left them alone.
"It seems that way." Aro hummed. "It appears they have gained an ally. Perhaps, if (Y/N) communicates again, we can ask how many they have seen."