141. Vladimir - New

https://like-rain-or-confetti.tumblr.com/

You had never felt this nervous telling someone you had feelings for them. You had started talking to Vladimir when he and Stefan first arrived before the Volturi arrived for Renesmee.
Maybe it was that he was older than you or a vampire.

You stumbled over every word and you felt beyond embarrassed. Vladimir sat beside you, waiting for you to actually begin the sentence. Once you had, it all came out in a rush.
Oh no, you hadn't stopped talking. Now you're rambling.
He wasn't helping your nerves as he clearly grew bored. You jumped when he immediately sat up and interrupted you.
"Oh my Lord, I'll say it." Vladimir rolled his eyes. "You are romantically interested in me and it's been on your mind for days but you can't say that because you're a bit of a wimp-"
"Wha-hey!" Your jaw dropped and Vladimir shushed you. "Hush! I'll smother you with this." Vladimir held up a cushion in warning. "So that's why your stumbling and stuttering over your words when if you had actually listened to me then you'd know that the feeling is mutual!"
You couldn't speak for a moment. "...wait, really?"
"Yes, and now I'm going to kiss you because this has been ridiculously long." Vladimir's lips were on yours before you could even blink. He pulled back, completely composed. "Now go get your coat."
"W-Why?" You gave him a look of confusion.
"Because I'm taking you out...or you're taking me. I don't know what happens here in America. Hurry up! Our first outing won't be in the Cullen's territory. That's terrible!"
"like a date?"
"...If that's what you call it nowadays, yes. Hurry up!"
You darted up and rushed to get your jacket as Vladimir mumbled.

"Try to tell me this isn't sheer luck." You said to Vladimir.
A drive in to view old movies? This would work.
The date was going well. You thoroughly enjoyed the black and white movie and Vladimir got enjoyment out of it too, but also from seeing you happy.
"I used to be her neighbor, you know." Vladimir grinned into his palm as you spun to face him in your seat. "You're kidding! Seriously!? You used to live beside Marilyn Monroe!?" You gawked and Vladimir nodded, still grinning behind his hand. "What was she like!? Was she loud? Tons of parties?"
"Not at all! She was a very driven woman. There was the occasional hosting of gatherings but she always let us know beforehand. Stefan was quite infatuated with her. Don't tell anyone, I told you."
"Really!?"
Vladimir chuckled at your excitement. "We also lived near someone else you might know at one point. Another one of Stefan's infatuations. Ah yes, I believe her name is Audrey Hepburn?"
"How are you just telling me this!?"
"It never came up." Vladimir chuckled. "I didn't know her as well as I did Marilyn. The two were very private- much like myself."
"Alright, wild question, would you have dated either of them?"
"Like romantic- no, no. They were nice and all but they never really peaked my interest. They were like a person you'd say hello to but pray you didn't have to have a conversation with."
"Would Stefan?" You pressed with a smile.
"He'd definitely have his fun but I don't think they'd be around for long. Stefan can be rather prickly."
You snorted. "So can you."
Vladimir scoffed. "Cheek."
"It's okay, Vladimir you're still one of my favourite people." You grinned putting your head on his shoulder.