103. Embry Call - Living With The Bond III

https://misc-oneshots.tumblr.com/

----

 "Come on, come on, break it up." Paul laughed as he nudged you and Embry apart and dropped himself down heavily onto the couch between you. Embry crossed his arms and tried to hide his pout at the loss of contact with you. Paul's arm fell over your shoulders and gave you a squeeze. You raised a brow at him, "Smooth Paul, subtle."

Paul gave you one of his wolfish grins, "I thought so. I just think that you should spend more time with me. Remember me? Your favourite."
"Well that's a lie because Leah has always been my favourite." You countered and Paul narrowed his eyes and squeezed your shoulder with his massive hand playfully.
"Ha! I told you!" Leah shouted from the kitchen making everyone chuckle.

Damn wolf hearing.

"Why can't I spend time with my boyfriend?" You whined and over Paul's shoulder Embry gave you a grin at the word.
Paul dropped his head back onto the back of the sofa and groaned, "Because it's all you ever do. Even when you're doing your homework he's there."

Jacob dropped down heavily onto your other side on the couch, none of these guys seemed bothered about what they were doing to Sam and Emily's furniture. He gave you a playful elbow, "There's a band playing in Forks this weekend, we're all going, you in?"
You regarded him curiously, "As long as you promise not to sing."
Jacob gave you a hurt look and placed his hand over his heart in feign heartbreak and Embry reached over Paul to give you a high five causing the rest of the pack to laugh at Jacob's expense.

So it was decided and when the weekend came you spent the afternoon hanging out with Emily and Kim before Leah joined you and the four of you headed into Forks. The guys were to join you later. They had some super-secret pack stuff to finish up but they agreed that Leah was enough to protect you alone and the girl time together did her well. As the only female wolf, Leah didn't get a lot of quality time away from the guys and, Lord knows, she needed it.

The band weren't bad for a few greasy faced teens with ancient equipment, they were playing at a pavilion in Forks park and most of the town had spilled out to see them. Even with the smallness of the town a few food stands and trucks had shown up and you'd all been relieved to see it. The boys liked their food after all.

You'd had about an hour of quality time with your girls when you spotted Bella standing alone beside one of the street lights.
Nudging Kim beside you, you inclined your head towards were Bella was stood and Kim followed your gaze, "Well she looks as awkward as always."
You nodded, it was difficult not to agree when Bella was stood with her arms wrapped around herself ignoring everyone and looking at the floor. Part of you felt bad for her.
"Billy told me that Charlie's banned Edward from being in the house since she came back from going off with him and his sister." Emily told you.
"Fang banger." Leah spat as she joined you, her second burger of the night in hand.
"Jacob still thinks that he has a chance." You mumbled, he'd not spoken to Bella since she'd left with Alice for Italy, though you knew he had written to her. It was odd, a few months ago you were desperately trying for Jacobs affections and now you were dating, and let's face it hopelessly in love with, his best friend Embry and trying to help him fix his love life.
Jeez. Life was strange.

"I'm going to talk to her." You decided and jumped down from the railing that you were sat on, "Ask her if she's heard from Jake. You guys mind if I invite her to join us?"
Kim and Emily shook their heads, they didn't mind at all along as it was only her and not her little undead family. Leah swallowed what was left of her burger and fixed you with a hard stare for a moment before sighing, "Fine. Only because it's you and Jacob will be in my head next time I phase. Just her though yeah, Y/N? If those leeches come around then she has to bounce, got it?"