32. Choices (Embry x Reader) 2

https://aquanova99.tumblr.com/

-*---

It had been a few months since Embry had visited you in your room. You learned all about what he had been up to, the legends, the "bear attacks", the cullens, and the imprinting. You weren't a confident person and you asked Embry to give you a day or two to process. You had worried that the only reason he had liked you now was because of the imprint. You smiled when you remembered Jared giving Embry a hard time because he would think about you all the time, the mind link made it easy to give him a hard time about it. You knew now that that was the reason he had avoided looking at you when he came back, scared that you weren't his imprint after all, and being relieved when fate pretty much brought you together. You were with Embry every second you could. And if he was on patrol then you went to help Emily cook up meals for the seemingly empty pits the boys called stomachs. You understood why he couldn't say anything to Jacob and Quil but that didn't stop them from being mad that you were now withholding information too. You were all just not speaking to eachother and it made school extremely awkward for everyone.

You were thinking about how quickly your life had changed. When Embry disrupted your thoughts.

"You know babe if someone were to actually break in, you'd be in a lot of trouble."

"Good thing I have a giant wolf to protect me."

"True." He scooped me up into a big hug.

"I thought you had patrol tonight, do you guys get days off now?"

"No something— something came up."

"That doesn't sound like a good thing."

"I don't know if it is. Jacob just phased."

"What? When?"

"I don't know, apparently he went to the movies with Bella and he started feeling funny."

"What's going to happen?" You weren't looking forward to the confrontation that was going to happen, becoming a part of the pack made you more prone to emotional outbursts. If you had a personality like Jared or Embry, it tended to be more controllable but if you have someone like Paul, well it can be dangerous.

"Sams talking to him now."

"Okay." Embry could tell I was worried, me and Jacob didn't tend to get along especially since I wasn't fond of Bella.

"You wanna talk about it?"

You sighed and payed down on your bed, "Em, Jake hates me. I told him Bella was using him to feel better about her breakup. In front of her. He's been mad at me since, he wanted me to apologize but I told him because I meant it."

"I don't think he likes me very much either anymore. Especially after he found out I told you and not him and Quil."

"Oh no Quil, he's going to be devastated" Jacob all but abandoned Quil for Bella and only saw him when Bella had school or couldn't come and work with Jacob. I knew this was going to break him. "Do you think he will phase soon?"

"I'm conflicted on saying I hope so and I hope not. This isn't a life I would necessarily choose for anyone."

You knew what he meant by that, Embry and his mom had been fight almost every day since he had to go on patrols. Sam finally told him he could tell his mom what was going on but he didn't want to add even more stress about him possibly dying because of a vampire. He already felt guilty enough bringing you into this world. You laid down on your bed and patted the spot next to you, you knew he needed to rest and he liked to fall asleep on your chest.