72. Jacob Black - Exchange Student

https://foryourimaginationonly.tumblr.com/

Context: You are an exchange student from a different country and you meet Jacob one day while picking Bella up from school. He seems to be really into but there seems to be some communication errors.

Request: Anon - Could you do one where you're new in forks and Jacob imprints on you while picking up Bella at school only to learn you can't speak English..? Also you're like in my top 5 favorite blogs rn tbh

Warnings: None

You hadn't been in Forks for very long; your plane landed only a few days earlier, but you were excited nonetheless. Bella and her father had taken you in as an exchange student and being from a different country made communication a bit harder for you then you expected. But Bella was patient and helped you understand certain things while you also taught her how to speak your native tongue.

Charlie would talk with his hands more which you picked up almost immediately. You were used to it. Tourist would come by you all the time and ask you questions and their hands was what helped them communicate. Bella was a bit more difficult. She used her laptop and a notepad to help her communicate, which was great because you also used those items to help her too. She learned a bit faster than Charlie did.

It was a Tuesday, and you were sitting on the sofa watching the television, trying to make out some of the words you had heard from Bella and Charlie. It was starting to come to you little by little and it was making you feel like a different person in a good way. Charlie had the day off and he too watched tv. The house phone rang and you watched as Charlie answered it, speaking a little too fast for you to understand the words. When he came back he smiled.

"Bella," he paused. "needs to be picked up," he said, motioning a picking up of an object and driving a car. "from school."

It took you a minute to understand what he was saying but you got it nonetheless. "Okay." You said, your accent was thick.

"Would you like to go with me?" Charlie asked motioning again.

This time you understood what he was saying because Bella would always ask you to go with her to the store. "Okay." You said again, nodding.

You and Charlie hopped into his cruiser and took off down the road. It had been a weird feeling, sitting on the opposite side of the car but it was definitely a great experience. Before long, you were sitting in front of a very large building which you took to be a school. It looked a bit more industrial and prison like than you expected.

Charlie said something that you didn't quite catch and then left the car to go and talk to some people. You also jumped out of the car and leaned against the cruiser, waiting. You saw Bella in the distance, talking to a very tanned and handsome guy. He seemed to be really into her and you thought for a moment that they were dating, but she had told you about her crush, Edward, and you didn't think that was him.

Charlie walked up to you and you pointed at Bella. She saw you both and waved, so you waved back. As soon as the guy looked up at you, he stopped walking. Weird. You looked down at yourself and made a mental assessment of what you were wearing and figured you looked normal; Rainboots that you brought with you from your home country, a rain jacket and a sweater. Your black leggings were hardly visible, and your hair was up in a messy bun that you checked twice before you left the house. You looked back up to see that Bella was pulling him along and you felt a little uncomfortable for the first time since arriving.

"Jacob, nice to see you again. How's your dad?" Charlie asked.

You picked up that his name was Jacob and that's as far as it went. You got lost in a sea of English and didn't know where to begin. You could only make out a few words here and there but there was no way that any of them in a sentence made sense.