107. Embry Call - Our Life VII

https://misc-oneshots.tumblr.com/

Embry Call x Reader
Words: 3951

------

The first inkling that you had of Embry being okay was when you were sat in Sue Clearwater's backyard with Charlie, Sue, Emily and Kim. You'd made polite conversation for a little while, most of it surrounding your promise ring, until you'd fallen into a silence that none of you had the strength to fight.

You sat on a deck chair watching the wind tease the trees at the edge of the garden and pushed your promise ring around your finger with your thumb. Hearing a noise, you attempted to turn to look behind you but where knocked off the chair and held straight up into the air. With a yelp you hit downwards at your assailant with your fist, your mind full of Italian vampires. Your fist hit the bouncing mop of your boyfriend's hair as he grinned up at you.
"Embry! I know you could do it." You squealed and threw your arms around his bare shoulders.
"Punching me in me in the head? Way to welcome me back babe." He teased and rubbed his large hand up and down your back, "I'm sure Sam and Jared didn't get punched."

"Shut up!" You told him, your grin threatened to tear your cheeks and you held Embry as close as you could and pulled in to you for a searing kiss.
He pulled away dumbfounded, his cheeks burning and blinked twice, "Okay, that was a better welcome."
"Now that you're alright, I guess I have to take this off." You mumbled and moved to take off the promise ring.
His large hands covered yours and his forehead rested on yours like it had the night before, "Why? I meant everything I said. Did you just say yes because I might have died?"
"Of course not!" You snapped incredulously.
"Then why take it off?" He whispered and kissed the tip of your nose, "I meant it, it's you and me against the world babe."

—-

"Embry I know you're excited for Y/N to come back from their first day of college classes but if you don't calm down I'm going to kick your ass!" Leah chastised and threw the paint roller that she'd just cleaned at him.
"No I'll kick your ass because I don't want Leah and my baby to tire themselves out dealing with your stupid ass." Cade told Embry as he came up behind Leah and wrapped his arms around her to rest his big hands on her swollen belly. Her pregnancy had come as a shock to them all, especially since the first indication of her being pregnant was when she failed to phase. A few days later when her temperature dropped to that of a normal person and she had failed to phase a dozen times, Cade took her to Dr Cullen. The whole pack had been terrified that Leah could have been seriously ill but your fear had washed away when she rushed back into Sam and Emily's with her face splitting with a grin.
Luckily Leah and Cade had already moved into their own place and the pack quickly set about turning their spare room into a nursery. Dr Cullen couldn't speculate on if Leah's ability to phase would come back once the baby was born but she said she didn't give one solitary fuck as long as her baby was healthy. His speculation was that her temperature dropping and the phasing inability was her body was adapting to protect her child so he couldn't foresee any issue.

You and Embry had moved into a little rundown mess of a house near Leah and Cade's place and spent your time between his job at the mechanic's and your college classes fixing it up - with a lot of help from the pack. You only had the master bedroom done and today Embry had enlisted the help of the pack to get the rest of your little home finished as a surprise but he couldn't keep his excitement under control.

"Dude, calm down. Just looking at you bouncing around is wearing me out." Quill nudged Embry with his shoulder.
"Shut up." Embry grinned and pushed him back, "I just want it to be ready for when she gets back."
"Hm, sure." Jacob said and narrowed his eyes, "C'mon what's really going on?"
Embry pulled an innocent face and shook his head, "Dunno what you mean dude."
"Jake, Jared hold him down!" Quill instructed and started to move toward Embry armed with a paintbrush.
Paul pushed Quill lightly, "Leave him alone, he's just excited."
The pack stopped to stare at Paul and Jacob pointed at him, "You know why he's excited, don't you?!"
"Don't know what you're on about." Paul insisted and tried to go back to painting the feature wall.
"There's nothing going on guys." Embry insisted.
Seth turned to his sister, "Do you know why he's so wired? Well, I mean weirder."
"Of course I do." She smirked.
"You're not going to tell us, are you?" Jared asked.
"Nope." Leah said satisfied and sat down on the bed and rubbed her pregnant belly. There wasn't much left to do now to finish the house but she was almost sad that she'd miss your reaction when you came home.