108.That's What Friends Are For (Alec Volturi x Reader)

https://like-rain-or-confetti.tumblr.com/

---

You were plucked from your human life.
You were surrounded by news outlets and missing persons papers. Your face and name plastered all over the place. Given the nature of your sudden disappearance, the circumstances of your life.
Your disappearance went worldwide. Your parents, sick with worry and tears running down their face as they begged you to come home for anyone who had you, to let you go.
It hurt to think that they'd never find you, they'd never receive the answers.

You couldn't be around anyone, being a newborn vampire made your self-control very limited.
All the while, you were reminded that this was not your decision. It was Alec's.
Alec considered you his only friend and so naturally, you weren't going to be human for long.
However, you despised how he had done it.
No preparation, he bit you and then left you alone, leaving you to face the consequences alone.
Although a piece of you didn't want him around. You were so angry at him, whilst you completely understood why he did it quickly. The vampire laws. You had no choice but to ask for help.

You approached Carlisle's coven but kept your distance.

Smelling the slight scent of human blood, so you didn't breathe in and remained rigid. You asked him to contact the Volturi on your behalf, very aware that he didn't actually know you and so he didn't have to.
Whilst his coven mates seemed a mixture of hostile and wary, he showed kindness. He agreed and even offered you sanctuary for the time being. You shook your head violently. You were already too close to the human world, their territory marking the line.
Of course, a bulky man seemed to recognise you. "Your face is everywhere!" You bit down on your cheek hard, emotions flaring. "It's not by choice." You responded stiffly.
A dark haired woman moved to Carlisle's side. "What happened? Perhaps we could help you." She radiated kindness, reminding you of a mother...and you could really use one of those in that moment.

"You know Alec, right?" You asked quietly. The pleasant smiles were gone, concern etched in replacement. Carlisle nodded as well as the dark haired woman.
"He considers me a friend...I-... We're friends." You said once again biting down on the inside of your cheek. "He...he changed me unexpectedly and now, well you know."
Carlisle nodded. "Our offer remains, our diet is animal blood but if we can assist you...you know where we are."
"I'll keep that in mind." You assured him. "Please contact them, I can't...go anywhere. I cant control myself."
"I'd say you're doing a very good job so far." Carlisle reassured you with a small smile.
Just as he finished the sentence, you noticed a small head peer out from behind two vampires in the back. Brown eyes, wide and sparkling, meeting yours.
Your eyes moved back to Carlisle.

Carlisle could see the pain behind your eyes. He couldn't help but sympathize at how strange it must have been for you. If you remembered what it was to be human, then looking at Renesmee now was a struggle. Seeing an innocent child and now having to fight an urge to attack, it would be frightening at the very least.

"I trust you know my name since...it's everywhere right now." You said quietly and Carlisle nodded. "Mention it to them. They'll know who I am." You turned away before you were gone in a second.
"Poor thing." Esme said solemnly as Carlisle took her hand with a nod in response.
"Carlisle, you know we can't take them." Edward said stiffly. "Renesmee-"
"-doesnt always spend her time here. We'll always offer help to those in need Edward. You know that. They need that offer more than anyone." Esme sharply turned her head to Edward in warning. "We wouldn't offer if we weren't willing to accommodate both of them." Edward clenched his jaw but said nothing.