78. Paul Lahote - Lost Control

https://elvishmaiden.tumblr.com/

request: you help billy around the house when bella storms in and confronts the pack out of his house and paul being super fluffy and clingy till bella slaps him in the face (sort of, i hope this is what you imagined)
pairing: paul x female reader
warnings: fluff, some violence
word count: 1187
****

You smiled as you passed Billy, a broom in your hand as you cleaned the floor in his living room. This was something you often did, since he had difficulties doing it himself. You had offered to help him a long time ago and ever since you came to his home a few days a week to help him with chores. Jacob was always gone and to be honest lazy in the cleaning department. The younger teen helped too, but not as much as you did and Billy was thankful that you took time out of your day to help him.

"Thank you, (y/n)," Billy thanked as you put the cleaning stuff back into the cabinet. "It has been a tough few weeks, Jake won't get out of bed unless he has patrol."

"Don't worry about it," you smiled. "He'll come around soon enough. It is all new, he needs time to get used to it. You told me that."

"Yeah, I did." Billy laughed.

There were knocks at the door and you felt yourself stiffen slightly, knowing who was probably behind the wood that separated the person there and them. Billy wheeled over and opened it, smiling up at Bella Swan.

"I need to see him." she said, biting her lip and glancing inside the house.

"He isn't here." Billy tried to reason.

Bella seemed to be in thought before shaking her head. "Sorry, I really need to see him."

The girl pushed past the older man and stormed into the house, nearly bumping into (y/n) when she opened Jacob's bedroom door. The shapeshifter was sleeping peacefully, arm dangling from his bed and nose buried in his pillow.

"Bella please," you whispered, trying to calm the girl down when you saw the pack coming towards the house through Jake's window. "now is not a good time."

"It is never a good time!" Bella argued, noticing the pack and storming passed you to meet them outside. Your eyes widened slightly as you rushed behind, trying to stop her from doing something she would regret later.

"Bella please," you muttered, tugging on her sleeve.

You met eyes with Paul and he frowned as the two of you came up to them. The shapeshifter pulled you towards him by the wrist and glanced down at you as Bella started to ramble an attack.

"What did you do?" she demanded as she pushed Sam backwards forcefully. "What did you do?"

Paul tensed and glared at the Swan girl, his arms began to quiver and you rested your hands on his chest. It didn't seem to help so you put one of your hands on his cheek and he seemed to calm down slightly, glancing down at you and pulling you closer to his heated body.

"Easy," Sam had ordered him before you calmed him.

"He didn't want this!" Bella argued.

"What did we do? What did he do, huh?" Paul snarled. "What did you tell you?"

"Paul please," you muttered, as Embry took a hold of your wrist and pulled you away from your imprint carefully not to alarm him. "It is not worth it."

"Nothing, he tells me nothing because he's scared of you." Bella said, a frown on her face as she looked at the five of them.

That made you laugh, in fact that made everyone laugh except from Sam and Bella herself. Jacob was far from scared, he was pissed and annoyed but not scared. The Swan girl clenched her teeth and within moments Paul's face snapped to his right, a slapping sound echoed through the yard and Bella held onto her hand in pain.

"Hey!" you screamed, glaring at the girl. "Who do you think you are?"

It was already too late, Paul was fuming, steam basically coming from his skin as he breathed heavily. Embry pulled you further away so that you weren't near him anymore, you couldn't calm him down, not when he was like this so you let Embry.

"Too late now," Jared laughed.

"Bella, get back!" ordered Sam as the girl took a few cautious steps back. "Paul, calm down now."

Paul lunged forwards, his body twisting into his grey wolf, coming down on all fours. He was still glaring at Bella and the girl let out what sounded like a loud gasp and turned on her heels, the moment Jacob came running from the house.

"Jake run!" she yelled. "Run!"

The girl tripped and fell, another gasp escaping her when Jacob jumped over her and turned into a wolf himself. Paul growled and bit at Jacob, the two of them disappeared into the forest, growls still being heard as they fought.

"Jared, Embry, take Bella to Emily's." Sam ordered as he ran into the forest himself.

"Guess the wolf's out of the bag." Embry grinned. "Come on, (y/n) I hope Paul sinks some teeth in him."

***

You sat in Emily's kitchen, waiting for Jacob and Paul to return. You hoped he was okay, Paul was a nasty fighter and you were sure Jacob was going to end up being hurt some way or another.

"Oh, come on (y/n)" Jared laughed. "Your boyfriend is out there fighting and you're worried for Jake?"

"Paul can handle himself." You rolled your eyes as Bella listened closely, resting against the stairs. "Jacob is new to this."

"It has been a few weeks." Sam pointed out.

"He is young." You pressed.

"He isn't your little brother, (y/n)." Embry said, stuffing his face with a muffin.

"Feels like it sometimes." you shrugged. You grew up with Jacob, you had known him your entire life even though you were three years older than him. The two of you were always together so you acted like siblings when you were young.

There was a creak and you looked up to see Jacob and Paul entering the house. Jake stayed at the door and Paul rushed past the pack to get to you, pulling you from you chair and hugging you closely as he kissed you all over your face.

"Paul," you whined as he kissed your nose. "Get off."

He stepped back, confused as you glanced around him to see Jacob giving you a wink and leaving the house with Bella in tow. Paul didn't move as he studied you and you turned back to him.

"I'm so sorry I lost control." he almost begged. "I promised myself not to lose control, especially not with you being there and I broke that promise. You could have gotten hurt."

"I didn't." you smiled, stepping into his arms. "You got mad, it happens. I was angry she put her hands on you so I can imagine how you felt. It's fine. I'm perfectly safe right here."

He wrapped his arms around you tightly, nuzzling his face into your neck as the rest of the peck pretended to throw up behind the two of you, but you paid no attention. He planted another kiss on your cheek and whispered sweet nothings into your ear.

"You're such a charmer." you snorted.

"Course I am." he grinned, bringing his lips to yours.