86. Jasper Hale

https://laurenlovesimagines.tumblr.com/

Imagine it's your first day at school and seeing jasper.

---

Your hands are shaky and the deep breathing exercises don't seem to be working. It's your first day of attending high school and you are already parked in place arriving well before time so you don't have to deal with the stares. You sigh remembering Phoenix with it's blistering heat and your ability to blend right into invisibility in your previous school. Good old days.

Reluctantly you leave your warm toasty truck and trudge towards the school office to collect your time-table and anything else that you might need. Boys were the last thing on your mind to worry about when you decided to endure Forks for the sake of your mom. Alas, you should have been more prepared.

Here was a piece of perfection right before you. The stoic expression did nothing to diminish the power of his mesmerising eyes. His body gave an aura of silent strength. As if it wasn't bad enough that he was driving your heart crazy, his attention snapped right to the place where you stood innocently ogling him like he could hear the damn thing. Holy Mother of Pearl, you are screwed.

-

Your eyes meet his golden ones briefly before you casually look away standing a little taller and hoping your poker face is doing it's job unlike your treacherous heart. You walk towards the desk hyper aware of the guy now being just inches away from you. Pretending like he is not even there should do the trick right?

You clear your throat and give the nice lady wearing a polka dot sweater all your attention.

"Hi.. I'm (Y/N) and I was just here to collect-" The lady started to speak right before you could even finish.

"Ah (Y/N) I knew you were coming in today, I have all your stuff right here"

She snatched a set of papers briefly reading them. Great, no unnecessary pleasantries.

"How are you settling in Forks, sweetie? Coming from Phoenix it has to be disconcerting" Damn it.

You plaster a smile on your face and grab the papers she was offering. "No..no it's been great. Totally. I adore Forks. It's so... green I mean great" Lie. Lie. Lie. It's almost believable now. Except maybe not to the god of perfection standing beside you. He snickered! Which turned right to a fake cough when you glared at him.

Maybe it was just your imagination but the lady's voice turned sweeter than honey addressing the snickering idiot. "Jasper" Aha, he has a name. "It was so nice of you to help out with last week's charity event. In fact, all your siblings. Dr. Cullen has raised you all right" What?! There were more like him?

You stored away that piece of information for later inspection. You were still wrestling fidgeting with your backpack to get the hell out of dodge when he spoke. That voice. Nothing could prepare you for it.

"It was for a good cause, ma'am. He has taught us that a little goes a long way. Each of us stand by that statement" Thud. Your backpack is on the floor now. You didn't even realise when it slipped from your lifeless hands as you were enthralled by Jasper's voice. What sorcery is this?!

Both of them were staring at you now. "Sorry. Silly me" You pick up the backpack and throw a sugary sweet smile in their direction. But before you could get to your anti-climatic exit the lady spoke, "Jasper, why don't you help (Y/N), show her the.. ropes as you kids call it these days!" She let out a cackle finding herself funny.

The smile was frozen on your face, only a left eye twitch giving away the horror you were experiencing inside. Hell no.

"Of course. I will help (Y/N)"