131. Alec's Hospital Visit

https://like-rain-or-confetti.tumblr.com/

You bite down into your Apple, clipboard in hand as Alec stared at you.
"you know, this is supposed to be my lunch break. I worked my ass off to make sure I got my lunch hour this time and then you show up and ruin it." You sent him a pointed look.
"Well, I'm not too pleased either. I want to be discharged but they won't. Even as I insist that I'm fine." Alec huffed.
"First off, they won't discharge you because they think you have a concussion. What teenager in 2018 says the word 'insist'?"
"I didn't hit my head." Alec chewed out, trying to suppress a snarl.
"Hey, we're on the same side here. If we work together I get to have my sacred lunch hour and you walk away annoyed but suspected as a human."
Alec's head snapped to you. "What did you just say?"
"Yes, I did say what you think I said. That's why I fought for your case. We can't have a nurse take your blood pressure or heart rate and hope they're dumb enough to think that perhaps your veins are just difficult to get to, yada yada yada."
"I don't understand-"
"I'm Carlisle's assistant and I'm here to help. I'm smart, you're difficult, we'll do great. Isn't that right, Alexander?" You looked at him pointedly. "But you prefer to be called Alex as we have learned. How old are you?"
"I don't remember..."
"Can you give me an estimate?"
"I'm definitely over fourteen years old but only a little older." You watched him frown, struggling to give a more accurate response. You stared him down, taking in his features. "We'll say you're sixteen." You took another bite of your apple before clutching the apple with three fingers, the remaining thumb and index finger scribbling on the clipboard clearly perfected by the many times you had been forced to do so. "We'll say you're heart rate is at 65bpm. No memory loss, no headache, no nausea or dizziness. We'll do this, just for fun." You moved towards him putting your apple in your mouth for another bite before putting it and the clipboard on the bedside table. You took out what looked like a pen. "Look at my finger."
Alec did as you asked and a light intruded. "Follow the finger using your eyes."
He followed.
"Good stuff. Now look directly at me, obviously I don't need to tell you not to blink." You passed the light over his eyes. "Nice, aches or pains?" You pressed on his head making your way around his head, leaving nothing uncovered.
"Is this necessary?" Alec huffed.
"Yes, it's protocol."
Alec sighed. "No... obviously."
"Then congratulations, you don't have a concussion." You grinned.
"You don't say."

"Who do you live with Alex?"
His eyes narrowed on you. "My sister."
"Yeah, we'll need a little more than that. You live with your sister, father and mother."
"...but I don't have-"
"Yeah, I know." You interrupted him. "Your name also isn't Alexander or Alex and you're also not sixteen years old but this is the lie that you have a problem with?"
"I just don't see why that information would matter." He responded, watching you scribble the on the clipboard.
"Because concussion protocol says that you need to be observed for twenty-four hours. If you don't want to stay here then you need your 'family' members to check on you at night when you 'sleep'.With this, tada, you are now discharged! Now if you excuse me, I want my lunch. See ya! Oh! I'm also going to be changed so...don't freak out, yeah?"

You didn't wait for his response as you immediately left the room.
Enough of your lunch hour had been taken and you were determined you were going to eat today.