138. Alec Volturi - Two Christmas'

https://like-rain-or-confetti.tumblr.com/

You were nervous. You were still working on your relationship with Jane but was disadvantaged since you were romantically involved with Alec. She thought you were taking her brother from her and it especially didn't go well since you were human. Even Alec himself, had trouble with that sometimes. As of recently things were going well and you didn't want to ruin that.

You and Alec made plans for spending some time out of the castle on Christmas day which was tomorrow. Alec wanted Jane to come along since they didn't like being apart unless they had to. Jane decided to go but they were interrupted by Aro, who offered his opinion. "I don't believe you should, Jane. Such a day should be spent exclusively with your significant other. I don't think (Y/N) would appreciate you coming along."
The twins were very disheartened by this so much so that they said nothing else about it.
Alec only just telling you. While he was away to meet some nomads on the outskirts of Italy, you saw the opportunity to approach Jane and give her what you had been hiding all along.

You dug into your beside drawer taking out a box about the six of your palm. You'd never be ready so you immediately left, trying not to think too hard on what you were about to do.

You knocked on the door, hiding the box behind your back and Jane opened it a second later with a skeptical look. "Hi Jane, I was hoping I could talk to you?"
"...Very well. Close the door behind you." Jane turned away and you hurried in, doing as she asked.
"Take a seat." She gestured to the bed. You complied and she followed suit.
"You've been awfully quiet. You've been locked away in here for about two days now...are you okay?"
"I can assure you, im fine." She said with a stoic expression. It sounded systematic in how she said it.
"Uhm, well, Alec told me-"
"What do you have behind your back?" Jane tried to peer behind you but you continued to block her view.
"I'll show you in a second. I just want to talk to you about something first." You said quickly and she remained quiet. "Alec mentioned that you two were talking about tomorrow."
she hummed in agreement, nodding once.
"He also told me what Aro said." You didn't get a response so you continued. "I didn't think it fair for Aro speak for me. Truth be told, Alec didn't tell me anything about this until just before he left. So i didn't know that you coming was even on table but i wanted to tell you in person that I'd be thrilled if you came with us."
Jane seemed taken aback for a second. "But Aro-"
"-was wrong, or at least, he wasn't accurate. Christmas is about spending the time with the people you love and i want to spend it with my family."
"I dont understand." Jane muttered.
"I know you have your judgements about me and i know you think i'm going to snatch your brother and run away but I promise i have no intention. I find it admirable how close you two are, I wouldn't dream of separating you. It wouldn't be right if you weren't there, not just because i know it would dampen Alec's mood but also because...you're my sister."
What really drove it home was you calling Jane your sister. She wouldn't have believed you otherwise but if you were exceptionally cruel, you wouldn't have went to such lengths.
It made her second guess whether she was really losing her brother or if she was actually gaining someone else.

"So, um, I got you something, consider it a Christmas present that's also a peace offering?" You gave her a small smile holding out the black box. "I mean, im not really supposed to give you it until tomorrow and I didn't get the chance to wrap it or anything but-"
You were cut off when Jane gently took the box, looking shocked. "How...when?"
"I have my ways." You joked lightly. She opened it and stared at it.

Inside was a silver charm bracelet, already including three charms.
"I didn't know what kind of charms you'd like or if you even liked charms so forgive me if you don't like them." You scratched behind your neck.
One was red with black roses, another glittering gold and the last white and opaque.
"It's beautiful." Jane trailed her fingers along it. "Tell me about these...charms." Jane said quietly.
"Oh well, you can pick your own and have as many as you like. Is your first time seeing them?"
Jane nodded. "They look like small pendants."
You smiled. "Do you like it?" You asked and Jane nodded again. "Thank you. I've never received a gift for an occasion. Gifts are rare."
"Im glad, i didn't show Alec to see if you'd like it. I haven't got him anything or anyone else for that matter."
Jane heard something as her head perked up. "Alec's returning. He's coming this way."
"Hide that!" You said quickly with excitable glee as Jane quickly put it in her desk drawer and made her way back.

A minute later, Alec walked through the door. "Im surprised to see you two together."
"Yes well-" You spoke up but Jane interrupted you. "We missed you, brother. (Y/N), decided to visit and check on me. It's a sweet gesture, don't you think?" Alec nodded with a soft smile. "I appreciate you looking after my sister whilst I'm gone, cara mia." Alec looked at you before bending down to kiss your forehead. You smiled back at him as he moved to quickly kiss his sister's cheek and sat beside her. Before long he was lying on his back.
"Alec, please do not make a mess of my bed." Jane scowled. Alec huffed and Jane lightly shoved his arm. "Jane, you know how to make a bed."
"That doesn't mean I enjoy doing it."
"We have to do it all the time." Alec muttered and Jane, alarmed, looked to you. "Your brother likes to wrestle. Imagine that, eh? A young guy -however old he is- being fueled with testostero-"
Alec rolled over, covering your mouth. "let's go. You've said enough."
You groaned. "Alright, alright, I'm going, I'm going."
Alec hauled you up as you walked back to your shared room.

He let you go in first, closing the door and wrapping his arms around you from behind. You turned to face him in his arms, wrapping your own around his neck as he smiled at you. "What are you two up to?" Alec's voice was quiet.
"Worried?" You teased.
"No, I'm happy to see you both get along but Jane has taken to you rather quickly."
"It's a start...I gave her a christmas present."
"You did? What did you give her?" Alec seemed surprised.
"A charm bracelet, im sure you'll see it."
"That's very kind of you cara mia."
"Oh we aren't done there, my love." You grinned at him. "Do you remember telling me about your talk with Jane about tomorrow before Aro got involved?"
"Of course."
"Well, I told Jane i wouldn't have it any other way. I insisted that she come with us tomorrow."
"You did?" Alec's smile vanished, as though he couldn't believe what he was hearing.
You nodded. "Of course I did. She's your sister. I'm sure she'll tell you exactly what i sa-" You were interrupted when Alec gave you a kiss before pulling you into a hug.
"Thank you." You heard him say into your shoulder.

Christmas day couldn't have come fast enough.
"Now that is a big Christmas tree." You said gazing up at the huge decorated tree in the town square but also being met with falling snowflakes to the face. You turned to see both Jane and Alec, also looking up at the tree with violet eyes.
"It's impressive, indeed." Jane said. All the surrounding stores were shut but the lights on their display windows still on. One particular display window caught your eye. You gasped. "Oh Jane! Come and see this!" You took Jane's hand and pulled her along, lightly running toward the window.
Alec couldn't help but smile at the sight of seeing the love of his life and his sister, hands interlocked as they rushed ahead. He stayed back admiring the sight before following after you.

You both peered into the window still holding hands. "More charms!" You exclaimed. "Oh, I love that one!"
"I like the silver and blue one." Jane smiled.
"Where is it?" You looked puzzled unable to locate it.
Jane pointed to the charm. It was silver plated and navy blue with a slight shimmer to it, no where near as glittered as Jane's gold charm.
"Oh me too!" You nodded profusely. As she lifted her hand to the window, a twinkle caught your eye. There, on her wrist, was the bracelet you got her which you were certain she had been hiding under her sleeve.

Last Christmas had went from uneasy to one of the best. You remembered it well.
It didn't take long for Jane to accept you after that. Whilst the twins still preferred to have their own time together. You were included more often and Jane seemed much happier to see you giving you a smile as she would the Masters or Alec.

You bound into the room, Christmas Eve arriving once again. "Why don't you give your love for Christmas!?" You sang out as you enter the room.
"Why hello to you too." Demetri turns to look at you with a smile.
"So fun fact, I've got you guys presents this year. However...my bestie gets hers before any of you. She's my favourite." You grin handing Jane a small bag.
Jane smirks as she opens the small bag to find another three charms, one however was silver and smooth which has her name on it in cursive.
The perfect addition.