62. Sensory Overload (Alec x Reader) 5

https://aquanova99.tumblr.com/

------

Alec

You all but dragged y/n to your room.

"Are you crazy?"

"If the cullens figure out your gift they will stop at nothing until they get you."

"Alec we don't even know if it will work. If they've gathered as many people as Aro thinks we need every advantage we can get."

"How are you supposed to hide, the mind reader will be able to figure it out."

"Well, Aro said he would gather his own witnesses. They don't have to know about my gift. You guys need to focus on literally anything else and that should buy me time."

"Wish you could make everyone's thoughts louder, that would confuse the hell out of them."

Y/ns eyes went wide. "Alec. That's genius. Come on." Just as quickly as you had drug her in, she was dragging you back out. She took you back into the room where Aro, Caius and Marcus were discussing.

"Can I try something?" Y/n asked excitedly.

"What would you like to try my dear?" Aro asked

"I don't know if this will work but could you grab someone's hand and read their thoughts?"

"I'm sorry?"

"Please I just want to try something. Or if you can try it with several people that would be even better."

"I'll give you my hand brother." Caius spoke, seeming to catch onto what y/n was thinking.

"Alright. Alec. Would you mind?"

Not like you had a choice but you held out your hand. It wasn't long before jerked his hand away from the two of you. His hands flew to his head.

"Did it work?" Y/n asked

"Oh yes."

"I'm sorry," you started, "what just happened?"

"Y/ns gift extends farther than we thought. She was able to somehow make your thoughts quite loud. It's as if you were screaming at me."

"Interesting." Caius drawled, "we are assuming this works on the mind reader."

"We are assuming a lot brother. Bella might not even be a shield, however probable it is. We need to have a backup plan. We leave in two weeks, I need to collect my own witnesses, quickly." He turned to look at Y/n, "we will make sure you are covered. They shouldn't be able to know about your gifts until much later."

Y/n nodded. And the two of you began to prepare for your journey. The weeks seemed to drag on. Everyone was on edge. Felix was halfway hoping for a fight. Demetri sensed there was more than just witnesses for the fight. And he was right.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Y/N

You'd almost forgot the whole goal of your gift when you saw the wolves. Heidi stood next to you and squeezed your arm. You began focusing on the group. The whole group. Not only them but their thoughts. You started with Bella, thank god it worked. You saw her shaking her head to try and focus herself. That's all it took for your gift to spread.

Edward was so easy to break. He began yelling, "everyone stop talking!"

"No one is saying anything Edward." Carlisle tried to calm him, shame he seemed nice, no wonder aro liked him.

Edwards eyes were a pitch black. He was ready to attack. You focused on everyone's thoughts more so than their surroundings. Make Edward seem unstable, with that many voices he shouldn't be able to find you.