48. Paul Lahote - That Girl is a Problem

https://butdallywinston.tumblr.com/

Paul Lahote is PISSED when Jake brings around his best friend. She wasn't supposed to know about any of this. Or was she?

Pairing: PaulxReader, JacobxReader (Friends)

Warnings: Cursing

------

 I had known Jake since we were little kids. We spent almost everyday together, told each other everything, and I don't think we had ever gotten into a fight that lasted more than a week. So, when he started ignoring me out of nowhere, I was livid. This wasn't like Jake.

So, being the nosy person I am, I followed him. Or at least tried too.

The first time he caught me, he practically GROWLED at me. He told me to stay, and I quote, "the fuck away, I didn't know what I was doing". And in true (Y/N) spirit, I didn't listen. I had went to his house one day and asked him what his damn problem was, and he yelled at me again and stormed off toward the tree line. I chased after him, yelling something about getting his head out his ass. He was shaking, but he did that when he was mad anyway, so I didn't think twice about it. Or at least until he told me to get back and nearly took my head off transforming into a damn werewolf.

After he phased back, he had no choice but to tell me everything he had been keeping from me. I was still pissed he hadn't told me anything but after a couple of days of getting back to normal, I got over it.

According to Jake, Sam was only very annoyed I had found out and the rest of the pack and the imprints were just DYING to meet me (his words, not mine). Well, everyone besides Paul. Who was a real hot head apparently, and was beyond PISSED that some girl had been way too nosy and found out something she had NO business knowing.

But as usual, that didn't stop Jake and now we were in his truck heading toward Sam and Emily's to meet the pack, including Paul. I had told Jake I could just ride on his back and it would save gas, which he did not find near as funny as I did.

"I'm telling you, we probably would've cut this time in HALF, if you would've just let me ride on your back." I grinned as we pulled into the drive. He cut the ignition before sighing loudly and opening the door to get out.

"Just get the fuck out of the truck." He said, slamming the door. I grinned even bigger, jogging to catch up with him.

"That rhymed." I giggled, catching up to him. He rolled his eyes again, but cracked a smile this time. I elbowed him lightly and opened my mouth to reply when a hoard of very tanned, very shirtless boys came barreling out of the house. Emily and Sam (I assumed) followed close behind them.

"So this is the infamous detective (Y/N)." The one who Jake introduced as Embry grinned.

"In the flesh." I smirked, glad they didn't seem mad about the whole me being a a nosy ass thing.

"No fucking way..." Jake mumbled, and then started laughing. The pack turned around to find a frozen Paul Lahote in the doorway. Quit couldn't control his laughter as tried four times to spit out what he was saying.

But I didn't need for him to clarify. Jake had told me enough for me to know what had just happened.

Paul Lahote had just fucking imprinted on me.

---

Everyone had gathered in the living room of the house once the boys had settled down. Paul still hadn't said a word, and neither had I. I knew what imprinting usually meant, but I also knew I didn't have to BE with Paul. But I also knew that me refusing to see him would just hurt him. And even though he had hated me and was a total asshole, I didn't want to hurt him.

Sam finally broke the silence between Paul and I.

"Paul, (Y/N), I think you all should talk about this. In private" He said eyeing the guys, a silent warning not to butt in. Paul walked outside without a word. Jake looked at me, giving silent encouragement, and I followed Paul.

"Hi." I smiled, walking up to him. The hard look on his face finally broke, and his smile replaced it. I held out my hand and he shook it, holding it a little longer than what could be considered normal.

"Hi." He almost whispered. As much as I hated to admit it, Paul was insanely gorgeous.

"I'm (Y/N)." I replied, never breaking eye contact.

"I know." He laughed softly. I sighed, but I knew I had to tell him what I wanted. I wasn't ready to just jump into a relationship with him. As horrible as it sounded, I wanted to keep my freedom. Before Jake had turned, we had made some great friends on the res, and we partied with them nearly every weekend. It had always made me feel free and fearless, with alcohol in me, nothing could stop me. And I wasn't sure I wanted to lose that.

"Paul... I'm not sure what I want at this moment." I started, but he cut me off before I could finish.

"(Y/N), it's all up to you. I'm here to be what you need to me to be, no matter what." He smiled, but I knew he wanted more than anything to be something more than "just friends" right now.

"Friends?" I offered, looking up at him.

"Friends." He agreed, but his eyes told more. He pulled me into a warm hug and kissed the top of my head. I closed my eyes and sighed into his chest. As we pulled away, he offered me his hand as we started back toward the house. I took it, couldn't help but smile.

But as we walked hand in hand into the living room, I tried to ignore the pang of guilt I felt, and I tried to ignore it even more every time Paul glanced over at me and smiled that damn smile.

---