90. Doppellganger (Caius Volturi x Reader)

https://like-rain-or-confetti.tumblr.com/

----

You knocked on the door. "Come in."
You heard your immediate response.
You entered the room to find Caius standing whilst seemingly looking for something in the very heavy book his eyes were glued to.
"Hey, are you busy?"
"Cara mia, you know that is a ridiculous question, but I believe what you want to know is if I have a moment to spare for you. As to which I have one minute before i must go to the throne room. Is something the matter?" Caius asked not tearing his eyes from the book.
"Oh no, everything is fine! I just found something and thought you'd like to know about it." You answered.
This made Caius look at you. "Does it have anything to do with Felix? He has been oddly quiet and that's never a good sign."
You giggled. "No, i promise it's not about Felix and its nothing that will torment you."
"Might I convince you to come with me to the throne room then, my dear?" Caius responded.
"I'll meet you there, I better go get it. I just wanted to make sure i wasn't bothering you."
"Very well."
You hurried out the room, returning to your shared room to grab your phone. You arrived in the throne room to find all three leaders on their thrones.

"Ah, our dear (Y/N)!" Aro smiled as Caius reached out for your hand. His cool thumb immediately rubbing circles into your palm as he pulled you to his side.
"Might i have the honour?" Aro reached out to immediately be blocked by Caius who scowled. "No you may not." He said coldly.
"Brother-"
"You don't need to know every little thing that goes through my mates head. Let them have some boundaries!"
"Oh brother, all this theatrics for jealousy?" Aro sighed.
"Jealous!?" Caius shouted in disbelief.
"What else could it be? You do fear that I know more about your mate than you do. Not to mention the possibility of all those secrets." Aro grinned, raising his hand and wiggling his fingers. "I would know."
"Secrets!?" Caius gaze darted between you and Aro. "What secrets!?"
"He's teasing you, brother." Marcus suddenly broke his silence.
Aro grinned as though reigning victorious after a battle.
"Brother," Caius began icily. "You are not to use my mate for entertainment! You do not need to read their thoughts because you just saw their thoughts barely twenty four hours ago!"
You moved to step away but you were quickly tugged back to Caius' side.
"Caius, any secrets I have, you know." You chuckled, lightly squeezing his hand. "Besides, it's probably better Aro doesn't know about...you know, what happened last night." You looked at Caius pointedly, raising your eyebrows.
He furrowed his brow at you before catching on. "Oh..last night."

This time, Aro was the one who nearly fell out of their throne in alarm. "Last night!? What happened last night!?"
You knew it nearly killed Aro inside to not know what was happening around him.
"Nothing you need to know about, Aro." Caius said in annoyance.
Aro's hand darted out for you at inhuman speed, almost immediately Caius blocked him from you once again.
"No!" Caius yelled.
Marcus sighed. "Are you two children? Aro, they're teasing you."
"I imagine your visit to us was for a reason, (Y/N)." Aro said slyly. "So, why don't you let me find out." Aro reached out for you again and was block once again by Caius.
"Aro, you reach for my mate one more time and I will rip off your hand!" Caius snapped.
Marcus sighed once again as Aro pulled back.

"Yeah, it was to show Caius something." You said as you revealed your phone in your other hand and Caius sighed. "I will break that thing."
You turned to Caius. "You wouldn't dare."
"Oh I wouldn't?" Caius challenged you with an eyebrow raised, reminding you just who you were talking to.
"If you love me, you won't." You retorted.
"That's manipulation, my dear and that won't work with me. In fact it may show how much I love you that I break your unhealthy obsession with that thing." Caius said smoothly.
"Right, here." You hurried in front of Caius' who guided you to his lap, his head watching from over your shoulder. "Tell me that doesn't look like you." You showed Caius the man in your screen.
"He doesn't look like me." Caius said simply.
"No hang on, look at him! He's identical. Imagine if you were human! You can't convince me this isn't what you'd look like!"
Caius sighed, giving more focus to the image.
Slowly, Caius' expression turned to one of bewilderment. "What on earth...?"
"Let me see!" Aro said loudly.
You held out the phone to show Aro.

Aro looked at the screen before laughing. "That is Caius! Marcus, come look at this!" Marcus leaned forward, looking over Aro's shoulder. Marcus hummed. "Yes, that is oddly correct. He looks just like you." He confirmed.
"Wait a moment!" Caius said hurriedly snatching the phone out of your hand to look closer.
"Hey! Don't snatch!" You whined.

Caius had a tendency on snatching things from you. It was an accident due to his strength and he did his best to work on it. However sometimes he got so over excited that he'd forget to be gentle. Your whines went ignored as Caius stared into the screen. "Who is this!?"
"He's an actor called Jamie Campbell Bower." You grinned.
"How is this- where did he go?" Caius' eyes widened and you leaned over to find the screen had went black.
You giggled, pressing a button and the actors face returned.

Once again you pointed it at Caius.
"He's human!?"
"Yeah!" You giggled. "So very handsome." You sighed.
Caius' glared at you. "I'm much better looking."
"Yeah, but he's human!" You sang with a grin.
"But you won't be human for much lo- that's it! Give me that!"

Suddenly the phone was taken from you once more. "What are you doing!?" You cried, trying to grab the phone back.
However Caius kept waving it out of your reach due to his longer arm span. "I'm breaking it!"
"No!" You cried out, struggling even more to get it from him. "Please don't!"
"I won't have you looking at someone else like that! A human of all people!" "What do you mean!? You two look the same!? It's a problem if I didn't find him attractive!" You were very confused on how to win Caius over.
"I will not lose my mate to a human! To anyone!" He declared.
"You're not, Caius! Please give it back!"
"No!"
"I'll give you a kiss if you give it back!"
"No!"
"Two kisses!?"
"You can't win me over with affection!" Caius snapped but you could hear the slight panic in his tone.
Even he knew that wasn't quite correct.
"Yes, I can! It works every time! Take it or lose it! Kisses or none!"
"Fine!" He huffed. "I get more than two kisses though. Make it at least worth my while."
"How many do you want?"
"I'll decide later." Caius grumbled, handing back the phone.

That night, Caius got so many kisses you lost count. Whilst Caius' method was to get as many kisses as possible until he had decided he had enough...which was a while.