82. Playing with Fire (Demetri x Reader) 3

https://aquanova99.tumblr.com/

┏━•❃°•°❀°•°❃•━┓

Any conversation between you and Demetri was interrupted by your phone going off again. You sighed. You debated answering but Sam wouldn't call again unless it was an emergency.

"I'm sorry. Just one second."

"Take your time cara, we do have forever." God, was he cocky. You didn't deny that it was endearing. His kind of confidence was attractive.

"Hey Sam. Is ever—"

"Y/n, we saw one of them."

"A vampire? Yeah, my imprint is—"

"No, y/n. One of the Cullens is back. Jacob went after them, we think it was Bella. Be careful. Some of us are already heading your way." He hung up right after that. You heard Demetri growl next to you. You were frozen. Demetri was included in the treaty, and what if Bella wanted to fight you? There were too many variables at play.

"Demetri you need to go. Now."

"Not a chance. If Bella gets here and uses her shield I wont be able to find you."

"Yeah you said something about that earlier, what do you mean you wont be able to find me?"

"The Cullens aren't the only gifted vampires, sweetness. I'm able to find anyone I've ever met at any time. Or anyone they've met as well."

"Except Bella?"

"And anyone she's shielding. We've been trying to find the Cullens for months to ensure they aren't planning an attack on our home. With Bella, theres been nothing."

"And her daughter?"

"She took it hard at first, but shes been enjoying playing princess of the castle after we got back from the amazon."

"There's a lot more questions I have but not important right now. Can you track anyone else? Any other Cullen?"

He began to concentrate, his face scrunching "All of the Cullens are up in Alaska right now. It must be just her."

"It is." Bella appeared at your doorway. Before you could react Demtri pushed you behind him.

"What do you want Bella?" He hissed at her

"Relax. I just want to go back with you to Italy. Please."

"And why should I believe you." He asked

"Look, Edward is trying to round up the witnesses again to storm the castle. He had told me we would go to Volterra and figure everything out so we could be with Renesme. But he lied. He's more focused on revenge. I just— I want my daughter."

"Jacob said you basically gave her up, that you would rather stay with Edward." You weren't really that surprised, Jacob had become unhinged. Still the question escaped your lips

"W-what? No. I just didn't want her to get hurt. I told Edward and Jacob there we needed to think about her first. I would never—"

"Bella." You stepped out from behind Demetri, "I believe you."

"You do?"

"Yes, and I'm sorry I couldn't testify but... well you know why I couldn't. Right now both of you need to go."

"I'm not leaving you again cara."

"You don't understand. Jacob is furious with me. With all of us. If he finds out you're here and aren't planning on bringing her back... he'll try and hurt you. He's been trying to pick fights since everything went down." You felt Demetri tense at this.