132. Imagine getting a visit from Jane Volturi

https://like-rain-or-confetti.tumblr.com/

it was a quiet night. The Cullens were away on a hunt and you were left in the house alone. You kept most of the lights off. You were always a fan of minimal lighting and were a little more sensitive to lights. It was also since you had watched lots of horror movies and decided that perhaps the serial killers would not find the randomly situated house in the middle of nowhere. Then again, you couldn't completely relax though. It also caused more provided serial killers with more hiding places. You jumped just as you were about to climb the stairs when you heard a quiet clank from the kitchen. Silence followed it but it didn't matter. Was it perhaps the serial killer who is summoned by sheer thought? Was it a ghost? Were ghosts real? Maybe it's Emmett playing a trick-. Questions after questions flooded your mind all with the same conclusion that someone or something was in the house. You weren't alone.

You felt your heart race, your eyes glued to the dark doorway of the kitchen.You wondered if something that you couldn't see was staring back at you.
Suddenly a small girl stepped out from behind the door, a girl you knew very well. Your eyes widened significantly, frozen on the spot. She moved slowly, almost methodically trying not to scare you. "Don't run..." Jane said as she made it to the door frame but before she could enter the hall, you rushed upstairs with a scream.

Jane growled as she followed but surprisingly only going at a human speed.
You didn't notice this, panic already too far gone as you locked yourself in the bathroom. You cursed to yourself. Not only did you not run to a door but you also managed to lock yourself in the smallest room in the house with no exits as the window was way too small to even dream about squeezing through. You screamed again more panic flooding you the door handle wiggled profusely only to be stopped by the lock. "Open the door! (Y/N), open the door!"
You looked around, looking for anything as Jane continued to yell at you from the other side of the door, demanding you opened the door. At this point you were considering using the plunger as a weapon, perhaps you could throw soap at her as a distraction to escape?

Suddenly the door swung open as Jane kicked it, breaking the lock easily. You screamed relentlessly, shock wearing off when Jane grabbed your neck.
"Stop screaming!" She yelled trying to get through to you but to no avail.
She immediately tripped you, pinning you to the cold floor beneath her beside the sink. "I'm not going to hurt you!"
"You're hurting me!" You screeched in response as you tried to wriggle free. Jane reached to the tap in the sink running her hand under the cold water before cupping her hand and tossing it at you. You shrieked as the icy cold water hit your face but it sounded much more coherent.
"Will you stop screaming, I'm not going to harm you!" Jane yelled and was met with silence. She smoothed back the small hairs escaping her bun as she turned off the tap, still sitting on you.
"What are you doing here?"
"I need to speak to you." Jane sounded very annoyed. She let you put on a jumper after sitting on you for ten minutes.

You went downstairs and sat down.
You both shared a moment of silence before you spoke up. "You could have caught me..."
"What?" She snapped.
"When I ran, you could have caught me immediately but you... you didn't. The door too, you could have taken it off entirely in a second but you didn't. Why?"
"I didn't want to scare you." Jane responded.
"I appreciate the thought...it would have been worse if you didn't."
"You were minutes away from being thrown in the bathtub with cold water on your face. Never do that again." She huffed.