83. Playing with Fire (Demetri x Reader) 4

https://aquanova99.tumblr.com/

┏━•❃°•°❀°•°❃•━┓

You weren't sure what you were expecting when you woke up, but waking up to turbulence was definitely not at the top of your list. You sat up suddenly before a familiar hand touched your arm.

"Relax cara, I didn't want to wake you."

"How long have I been out?"

"Give or take six hours."

"Oh my god, I'm so sorry." You sat back down next to him

"Don't be you needed to rest. You should try and call your family when we land though. They were calling your phone like crazy."

"They must be worried, I hope everyone is okay." You suddenly remembered the second vampire to visit your house, "What happened to Bella? Is she actually going to Italy too?"

You could tell he began worrying about something, "I hope so cara."

"Whats wrong?"

"Well, I wouldn't be able to tell. But if she what she said is true then the kings are going to have me try and find any of their possible allies." There was something about the way he said that...

"Okay, and what does that mean?"

He sighed, "it means I will have to leave you there until I make sure nothing is a danger to us. If Bella does come, then I can possibly track them without leaving."

You could hear your heart begin hammering in your chest. You instinctively reached for his hand. You were thankful he took it.

"Relax y/n, if I do have to leave I promise nothing will happen to you."

"Can you promise me nothing will happen to you?"

"I'm sorry?"

"Well I just met you, I would like for you to come back if you do have to go on a mission."

"Don't worry so much beautiful you can't get rid of me that easily." You smiled and leaned back into him. Demetri never let go of your hand. You realized that you wanted to know as much as you could about him before he might have to leave. There was still a seed of fear lingering in the pit of your heart. What if he rejected you? You decided to go at his pace.

"Y/n, is everything okay?"

"Yeah, its just—I don't know how to go about this."

"About what?"

"Just us? I mean you said I was your mate right? Is that different than my imprint?"

"I'm not sure what you mean by imprint, but for vampires its as if two people are literally born for eachother. Does yours mean something different?"

"From what I've been told it means that the person you imprint on is supposed to be the center of your world, but it isn't supposed to be strictly romantic. The relationship is left up to the imprint, or you in this case."

He seemed to consider this a moment, "I like mates better then." You did too.

You wondered if he knew how much of weight he had lifted from your shoulders. If your heartrate was any indication then he most likely had an idea.

"So, can you tell me more about what you do? How were you turned? Do you guys eat any kind of human? How often do you go on mission?"

"Whoa, relax cara. I'll start with my tragic backstory if you promise to go next."

"Deal." The two of you spent the rest of the plane ride going over every aspect of your life. The relief you felt when you found out what kind of humans maintained his diet was indescribable. You were glad your intuition was correct. Both of you seemed like you were on the verge of tears hearing about eachothers past. The two of you decided to lighten up the conversation with more lighthearted questions. From his favorite color, forest green, to your favorite thing to eat. You knew you would remember everything. You almost wished the plane would have stayed in the air but reality hit when it touched the ground.