49. Paul Lahote - That Girl is a Problem ; 2am II

https://butdallywinston.tumblr.com/

Paul Lahote isn't pissed, he can't even be annoyed. It's 2 AM and his phone is ringing.

Pairing: PaulxReader

Warnings: Cursing, Underage Drinking

------

(Y/N)

I threw back what I think was my 8th shot.

I think.

It was something like midnight and I was at a party on the rez, the same ones Jake and I used to go to every weekend. This time though, I was alone. Jake was with Bella AGAIN. He said she was having "a hard time" and to "cut her some slack". What the fuck ever.

I was ready to leave this damn party. Somebody had invited some kids from off the rez and for some reason, it really pissed me off. I think I was mainly pissed Jake hadn't come with me, but again, what the fuck ever.

But standing here in the middle of this house party, dancing on some sweaty gross guy, there was only one thing I could think of and that was Paul fucking Lahote.

I had talked to him almost everyday now since he had imprinted, which had been exactly 4 months tonight. He had respected the boundaries of being friends, never got mad at me for going out. I found myself wanting to be near him and wanting to see him. I even got pissed when some girl started flirting with him at the beach last week.

"We should take this upstairs."

Sweaty gross guy pulled me out of my Paul thoughts.

"Fuck off." I rolled my eyes and wiggled out of his grip. He let out of a string of curse words as I stumbled away and into the kitchen.

I tossed back another shot and winced at the burn that followed. Then I realized I was way more drunk than I had originally thought. Typical.

I was seeing double as I tried to find Jake's contact. I leaned back against the counter and prayed he'd answer. And when he didn't the first time, I tried again. And then two more times for good measure. Stupid fucking Bella.

Then I called the last person I wanted to see me like this, but the only person I wanted to go home with.

--

Paul

I groaned as my cell phone started ringing and groaned again when I saw the time on the clock. 2 fucking AM.

I sat straight up when I realized who was calling me.

"(Y/N), what's wrong?" I asked, already out of the bed pulling on my shorts.

"Paul!" She squealed. I paused for a moment, smiling to myself. She was drunk. I couldn't even be mad at her, the excitement in her voice when I picked up was all I needed.

"Do you need me to come get you?" I asked, even though I already had my keys in hand and was walking out the front door.

"How did you know?!" She gasped, I could practically hear her pouting. I couldn't help but laugh.

"Where are you at?" She tried explaining where, but truthfully I already knew. Jacob had told me who's party she was going to earlier. I hated her going, but I did't want to make her mad so I never said anything. Being just her friend was the hardest thing I've ever done, but that's what she wanted and I'd do anything if it meant I just got to see her.

I pulled into the driveway of the house, cutting the engine. I got out of my truck and started looking for (Y/N). I hadn't even made it to the front door when she came drunkenly running out of the house. Her face lit up when she seen me and she crashed right into me.

"Paul!" She smiled, wrapping her arms around me. She looked up at me and I could tell how drunk she was, which was pretty drunk. I laughed and wrapped an arm around her waist and she leaned on me for support.

"You're hot." She giggled and I laughed again. I led her to the truck and helped her into the passenger seat. As I was buckling her in, she leaned forward and kissed my cheek. I jumped a little out of shock, and she giggled again. I paused for a moment and looked at her.

"What was that for?" I asked, a smile on my face.

"I dunno, I just wanted to do it." She shrugged. I was not ready at all for what she did next. She leaned for without any hesitation and kissed me right on the lips. I swear my heart stopped for a minute. It was over as quick as it started, with her pulling back with the biggest smile.

"I like kissing you." She smiled proudly. I shut her door, taking a moment before climbing into the drivers seat. I was confused but God, was I in love.

"I'm glad you do." I started the truck, backing out of the driveway. As we started down the road, she turned to face me.

"Paul." She said, trying to be serious, but all she that came across was cuteness, like a small puppy trying to demand attention.

"Yes?"

"I have something to tell you." I nodded, encouraging her to go on.

"I think I love you."

"What?" My grip tightened on the wheel and once again I think my heart stopped.

"I said, I think I love you. Weren't you listening?" She huffed. I didn't say anything for a minute. She settled back into her seat, looking proud of herself almost.

"You know I love you too." I finally said. She grinned, unbuckled her seatbelt and leaned over to kiss my check again. Her hand that was on the console to help her balance slipped, and she let out a small yelp.

"Buckle back up please. We're almost home." I grinned. I was taking her back to my place. My plan was to let her sleep in my bed and I'd take the couch.

We pulled into my drive, and I rushed over to help her. She was already trying to get out and nearly tumbled to the ground before I caught her.

"Whoops!" She laughed. She grabbed on to me and looked up and smiled. I led her into the house and into my bedroom.

"Ah! This is your bed! Are you staying with me?" She slurred before falling back onto the bed. I sighed before pulling out a t-shirt. I wanted nothing more.

"Come here." She obeyed and I took off her shoes. I helped her out of her jeans and tank top and kept my eyes on her face the entire time. She was so damn beautiful, even when she was a mess. She pulled the boxers I had pulled out on and slipped the t-shirt over her head and immediately hugged me.

"Stay with me tonight." She whispered. Damnit did I want to. But I wouldn't feel right if I did. I know she had kissed me and even said she loved me, but this was a conversation I wanted to have when she was sober.

"Let's lay down." She happily snuggled up beside me. I looked down at her in my t-shirt, snuggled happily in my arms and I swear in that moment, nothing had ever come to close to how I felt right now.

"Goodnight Paul, I love you." She mumbled before drifting off to sleep. I smiled and gently slipped her arms off of me. I pulled the covers over her and stood at the doorway a second before retiring to the couch.

"I love you too, (Y/N)."