Alone Together | Bughead Ones...

By saltiestangel

Oneshots of Betty Cooper and Jughead Jones of The CW's Riverdale. TW: suicide, self harm, PTSD, mental illnes... More

Locker
I Don't Wanna Be You Anymore
Crayons
Let Go
Water Fights ("Let Go" Part 2)
Your Love's Like
If You Loved Me, You Would Leave
Everything Has Changed
Not Fair To Her
The 'S' Shirt
The Fight
I'm So Sorry ("The Fight" Part 2)
Christmas
Best Present Ever ("Christmas" Part 2)
So You're A Serpent Now?
Couldn't Sleep
Losing The Bet
Fantasy Come Alive
Comfort
Blanket
Fantasizing
Teasing
Dress-Up
Bride
Explict
Mother Knows Best
Girl Fight
Breakfast Talk
Stressed
DNA
There They Lay
Abuse
Reunited
Better Ideas
Relapse
Confrontation ("Relapse" Part 2)
Victim
Help Me ("Victim" Part 2)
Mistake ("Victim" Part 3)
Safe ("Victim" Part 4)
F*ck
Sexting
IRL ("Sexting" Part 2)
All Of You
Like Romeo & Juliet
Shy
Dark Betty
Confession
Dead
Alive ("Dead" Part 2)
Punishment
Insecure
Baby
Starve
Together
Q&A (A/N)
Daddy
Serious ("Daddy" Part 2)
Freak
Switch ("Freak" Part 2)
Assistance
Watch ("Assistance" Part 2)
Trap
Distance
Broken
In The Night ("Broken" Part 2)
Not Dead But Dying ("Broken" Part 3)
How It Ends ("Broken" Part 4)
Birthday
Care For Me
Sick
Drunk
Beautiful
Trauma
PTSD ("Trauma" Part 2)
Deprived
3 AM
Sleepovers & Secrets
Hidden Gems ("Sleepovers & Secrets" Part 2)
Silk ("Sleepovers & Secrets" Part 3)
What She Wanted ("Sleepovers & Secrets" Part 4)
Alone...Again
Behave
Nick St. Clair
One Way Or Another ("Nick St. Clair" Part 2)
The Party ("Nick St. Clair" Part 3)
Aftermath ("Nick St. Clair" Part 4)
Damn It, Veronica!
Beauty Kills
Needy
Dominance
Angels & Devils
Bad Girl
When You Talk Like That
Babygirl
Blood, Rope, & Blindfolds
Mom & Dad
Scandal
Anger Management
Suicide
Sleep
Vroom Vroom
Lavender
High Heels
Maybe Not Everything
Sex
More ("Sex" Part 2)
Just Like Home
La Bonne Nuit
Cold
Clothes
Harder
Movie Night
Little
Good Girl
Hard To Get
Studying ("Hard To Get" Part 2)
Barren
Cigarette
Secret
Generous
Shh
Brat
Closet
Video Tapes
Camp Sweetwater
Kitten
No Hands
Mumble
Anxiety
Anticipation
Desire
Paci
Tangerine
Blindness
Rage
The Name Game
Shut Up
Rough
Good Enough
Secret Santa
School Dances & Second Chances
Smile
Regression
Family
Fifty Minutes
Bedtime
Friends Before Benefits
Hospital
Nightmare
Handcuffs
Try Me
Heartbeat
99
Hormones
Payback
Little Girl
Hissy Fit
Roses
Ugly
Distraction
Black Hood
Speed
Never Have I Ever
Just Playing
Sunlight
Knee-Highs
Good
Absence (& What It Does To The Heart)
Midnight
Time-Out
Pretty In Pink
Red
Q&A No. 2 (A/N)
Careful What You Wish For
Just For Tonight
Attention
Tension
Breathe
Devil's Breath
Glass
Aichmophobia
Clichè
That's Not Love
Insatiable
At A Loss
Okay
Soon To Be History
Everything I Feared
Tired
Princess
That Night It Was Storming
What The Rain Washed Up
All The Words In The World
Metamorphosis
Worth The Loss
Your Voice, My Lullaby
What Cologne Can't Replace
When The Time Is Right

Rescue

3.3K 82 20
By saltiestangel

Song Credit: "You Promised Me" by VELVETEARS

Timeset: 3x07

TW: mentions of drugs

Jughead's POV

"Hey, this is Betty. Leave a message."

Another missed call. I was starting to get worried since this was the fifth time her phone had gone straight to voicemail, but knowing my little Nancy Drew, she was probably investigating; most likely something with The Farm or G&G.

"Maybe you should go back. I'll be okay," Archie suggested. I scoffed comically and replied, "Might I remind you that Betty literally took down a serial killer last year. You can't go five minutes without being kidnapped or someone beating the hell out of you."

He shrugged in agreement before I felt my phone vibrate in my pocket. Hoping it to be Betty, I grabbed it quickly. The caller ID read, "The Sisters of Quiet Mercy," which didn't make any sense. How did the Sisters have my number and why would they be calling me. I showed my screen to Archie before answering with a simple, "Hello?"

"J-Jug? Jug, c-can you h-hear me?" I'd recognize that voice anywhere-- that was my Betty. "Betts. Betty, I hear you. Tell me what's going on," I instructed, concerned with my eyebrows furrowed. "My mom-- she sent me to the Sisters. They're drugging the girls, they drugged me. I--" she brought her voice to a whisper. "I met the King."

"'King'? What king?"

"The Gargoyle King," she answered. In the back of the call, I could hear a door open and a voice of an older woman, most likely Sister Woodhouse, saying, "Elizabeth, you shouldn't be in here. Restrain her!" before Betty started shouting for help and yelling "No, stop! Get off of me!"

And then the line went dead.

"Was that Betty?" Archie asked, puzzled. "Yeah, and we have to go back to save her. She's at the Sisters of Quiet Mercy, where the staff is drugging the patients. She was talking about how they introduced her to the Gargoyle King and now the guards have her restrained while who knows what Sister Woodhouse is doing with her!" I explained.

"Come on, let's go, Jug!" Archie said, darting in the direction we came from. I started to run to catch up with him, saying, "You think we can just run five hours back to Riverdale?" "No, bro, there was a bus station a few miles back. Maybe we can catch one and get there faster," Archie said.

---

We waited five minutes for a bus that took us to Riverdale in an hour. "The Sisters is up North," I remarked, pulling Archie's arm in the right direction. We might've walked for twenty minutes before we finally saw the concrete fortress that Betty was trapped inside. 

I started approaching the building before Archie pulled me back. "Yo, dude, you can't just strut into a nunnery and liberate your girl, you need a plan," Archie warned me. I looked him dead in the eyes and said, "Okay, how about this, you get me the biggest and heaviest rock you can find, I'll 'strut into this nunnery,' 'liberate my girl,' and bash in the skulls of any goddamn person who tries to keep me from getting Betty out of there!"

Archie must've known better than to refute me because immediately he started looking for rocks.

I looked up at the building and saw a far too familiar girl in one of the windows. "Betty," I said softly. I walked over to the wall and saw how some of the jagged bricks fell out of shape with the building. "Archie, give me a boost," I ordered. The ginger stallion laced his fingers together and put his hands down for me to step on. "Careful, Jug," he warned as I started to use the out-of-place bricks as steps. 

I climbed up, almost falling occasionally until I reached the window I saw Betty in. "Yo, bro, there's a ladder out here!" Archie called up to me. Of course, he had to notice the ladder after I climbed up a wall like Spiderman.

I moved over a bit so Archie could position the ladder correctly. "Throw me up the rock," I told Archie. Archie launched the rock he found up, and surprisingly I caught it without losing my balance. I gripped it tightly before smashing it straight through the window. I heard a scream and quickly looked in the window to assure my Juliet that it was just me and not a vicious intruder.

I cleared out all the broken glass in the window frame as Betty came over to it. "Well, hey there Juliet," I said slyly. Her blonde hair was dishelved, her skin was decorated with various bruises, scratches, and burns while purple bags resided beneath her eyes. "Just like old times," Betts replied tiredly with a worn smile.

"Come on, baby, let's get you out of here," I said, taking her hand and stepping down the ladder to give her room. Once the two of us were down, my first instinct was to kick the ladder down so the Sisters couldn't follow us, but Betty told me to leave it so the other girls could escape.

Archie, Betty, and I all ran to Betty's house, and again, it was just like old times. We finally reached her house and hustled inside. We all engaged in a group hug as Betty started to sob. "Please, please be real, please," she begged and pleaded in a whisper. "Baby, baby, Betts, what do you mean? What are you talking about," I asked as the three of us disbanded and I raised Betty's head to look at me.

"The drug makes me hallucinate and I need you to be real. Please, Juggie, I need this to be real, I don't want to go back there!" She sobbed. I embraced her tightly and quickly, letting her sob on my shoulder. 

"This is real, babygirl. I promise you, this is all real. I'm here, Betts. I'm here."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

158K 1.5K 18
Smut, Fluff, Angst, ect. A wide range of Beronica (with some shades of Jughead x Archie) one shots ;)
7.3K 325 42
"Hi, my name is Elizabeth Cooper but I go by Betty. I am 15 years old and I live with my dad and my older brothers: Caleb who is 17 and Ben who is 19...
3.7K 89 12
Oneshots of the Bugronica ship from Riverdale! CW: Mature Language, Sexual Situations, Mature Topics
471K 9.3K 118
Cute one shots of our two favourite girls :)