Chapter 243

Chapter 243: Spencer's POV

"What's wrong, baby?" Toby asked me and propped my head up. He touched my stomach gently, but I pulled away.

"I'll leave you three alone," Dr. Parson said and went into a room. 

"What happened?" Toby asked me again and I could see the tension on his face. Melissa walked towards us as we all engulfed in a group hug. 

"There was never a baby," I managed to get out and then erupted into tears.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"False pregnancy," I explained in the car. I was finally done crying and decided to come clean to Toby and my sister.

"It's okay if you don't want to talk now. It's late. Just sleep on me," Toby said casually. A little too casually...

"Well, I'm driving to our hotel now and then you can drive back to your place, Toby," Melissa interrupted. "Spence, you can tell me everything tomorrow."

"False positive, okay!" I yelled. "The pregnancy test fucked up!"

"Damn," Toby muttered and pulled me in towards him. "Can I just ask something? Why aren't you relieved?"

"Toby, shut up," Melissa warned.

"I'm just asking!" he defended himself. "I mean, now you can be in California studying. You won't have to tell your parents. You won't have to be a teenage mom!"

"You don't get it!" I screamed. "This baby was the only thing that was keeping us together! This baby was the reason we were going to stay together, live together, get married..."

"Shut up!" Melissa yelled once more and I dissolved into tears. Toby tried to touch my hand, but I pushed him away.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Just knock when you come up," Melissa said when we reached the hotel. She got out of the car and strolled into the lobby.

"Say what you need to say," I told Toby.

"Was there ever a pregnancy test or was it all a lie to get me closer to you?"

"Toby, I never got my period! And if I made it up, do you really think I would have agreed to see Dr. Parson? I can't believe you think this low of me!" I yelled, shocked at Toby's accusations. 

"Well, I think it's best if you go sleep. Melissa is waiting for you."

"So do I call you tomorrow?" I asked.

"No, thanks," Toby replied bluntly. "I'm still overwhelmed. It's been a crazy week and an even crazier day."

"And somehow it's always my fault," I mumbled as I opened the car door.

"Spence," Toby called out one last time. "I know we can't really be together right now, but in five years, I'm definitely proposing."

I didn't know if he was joking or not so I just smiled.

"I mean, if you're willing to wait that long," he added quickly.

"Tobes, I waited seventeen years for you. I'm sure I can wait five."

"See you next year," Toby said and I walked out on him for the last time...

---

I'm sorry for breaking up Spoby again, but at least they're on pretty good terms, right? RIGHT? Just wait and see... I promise you, shit will get real in the next few chapters.

My best friend started writing a story on Wattpad and it would mean a lot to her and me if you could check it out. It's a passionate story about a forbidden love between a Jewish girl and a Nazi soldier who find their connection through hell itself, a concentration camp. It's called "Forbidden Affinity" and this is the link: http://www.wattpad.com/story/23915464-forbidden-affinity. Check it out if you're interested! I assure you it's great and she's an amazing writer.