Chapter 117

Chapter 117: Spencer's POV

We ended up watching Gossip Girl, but eventually we all wanted breakfast and we went downstairs.

"I'll warm up some hashbrowns," Aria said and reached up to a top shelf in the kitchen for a glass plate.

And just like that, it slipped out of her hands and fell on the floor.

"This is why you don't let short people reach for high shelves," Hanna remarked.

"OW!" Aria suddenly yelled.

"What happened?" I asked and ran to the kitchen where she was holding her right foot.

"I stepped on a glass piece. Ow, this hurts so much!" 

I could see Aria's pain and her foot was bleeding.

"Emily and Hanna, help get Aria into my car. I'll get my keys and leave a note for my parents. We need to take her to the hospital."

Within a few minutes, we were on our way to Rosewood Hospital. When we got there, Aria was taken by two nurses and rushed into the emergency room. 

"I hope she's okay," Emily said.

"Same, I just feel so -" but I was cut off by something I saw in the parking lot.

"Guys, isn't that Jenna's car?" I asked.

Hanna and Emily looked into the direction I was pointing.

"I don't know," Emily said.

"How can she even drive if she's blind?" Hanna asked.

"Someone else drives it for her and that's definitely her car; I've seen it before in Toby's driveway. Plus, it has the same sticker for that blind school Jenna went to for a while," I said.

"Okay, so why does that matter? Maybe she's sick or something."

"Toby told me Jenna and his parents went out to town to visit her grandmother so he's home alone," I said. "It can't be them."

"So Toby drove her car?" Emily asked.

"Most likely since he doesn't have his. But what's he doing here?" I asked, worried.

"Only one way to find out," Hanna said and motioned to the front counter. I walked up to it.

"Hi, I'm here to visit someone," I told the clerk.

"What's his or her name?" she asked.

"Toby Cavanaugh."