Chapter 233

Chapter 233: Spencer's POV

"Are you sure you don't want to come?" Melissa asked me as she was about to leave the room. "It's going to be so lame eating all by myself."

"I'm fine, Melissa. And I just ordered room service two minutes ago. If I come with you, what will happen to the yummy pizza I ordered?"

"Have fun," she told me and closed the door.

I resumed my Facebook scrolling, where I noticed that all my old Rosewood High peers were posting about some New Year's Eve party they were going to hosted by Lawrence Foxx. In the words of our senior class president, Andrew, it was going to be "the party of the year." Who was this Lawrence Foxx and more importantly, why was I not invited? Who even invited people to mass parties anymore? I navigated to the event page and sure enough, every loser from Rosewood was invited. Everyone except me. I noticed that the party was a plus 1, so all I needed to do was find someone that was willing to take me. I needed to go to this party; I needed some fun and I didn't want to be the only loner that spent the 31st all by myself in a dinky hotel room.

I scrolled through the guest list and I found Emily Fields as one of the first few guests. I grabbed my phone and quickly dialed her number.

"What's up, Spence?"

"Em, are you going to this party hosted by Lawrence Foxx?"

"Yeah, I'm taking Paige with me," Emily replied casually.

"Oh," I said, trying to hide my disappointment. "Are Aria and Hanna going?"

"Yeah, Hanna's taking Caleb and Aria's taking Ezra," she said. "Wait, is that the only reason you called? To see if I could take you?"

"Of course not!" I said and laughed awkwardly. "I got invited as well and I was just checking who else was coming."

"Oh, I'll see you there!" Emily replied and we parted.

Shit, I needed to go to that party. There was a knock on my door and I got up to answer. Damn, room service was fast here. I opened the door to see the sexy face of Toby Cavanaugh pouting at me.

"Oh," I muttered and he flung himself onto me.

"You were right," he said as he hugged me. I tried to let go, but he was holding on too tightly. "I'm so sorry."

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"How did you even find me?" I asked as Toby and I sat on opposite beds.

"I went to Emily's house because I thought you were staying there, but she told me that you were at this hotel. And then I saw Melissa walking out when I walked into the lobby so she told me what room you were in."

"Why would she do that?" I asked, but realized I was blaming the wrong people. "Well, what are you doing here? I don't have time for your bullshit."

"You were right about Marie. She is a whore."

"I thought I was the whore," I said bluntly and Toby looked down at the floor.

"No, you're not. I didn't mean anything I said, Spence. It was the heat of the moment and I'm an idiot."

"Just because you're apologizing doesn't mean I'll forgive you," I said and he looked back up at me.

"I don't want you to forgive me. I just want to be friends with you," he said and I stared at him.

"That honestly made no sense, but if you want me to forgive you, you're going to have to beg. Get on your knees and beg for me like I begged for you."

Toby stared at me and then got off the bed. He actually dropped down to his knees, which was surprising. He interlocked both his hands and then looked up at me.

"Spencer Jill Hastings, can I please be your friend? You're so amazing and kind and smart and sexy as hell."

"Are you being sarcastic?" I asked, noting the tone of his voice.

"Of course not," he said and stood up.

"Well, I hate you, okay? So no."

"Then why haven't you kicked me out yet?" Toby asked and smirked. Wow, I really hadn't noticed how damn sexy his smirk was.

"Ugh!" I groaned. "If you really want to be friends with me, you're going to have to do a lot more than get on your knees.

"Maybe you can get on your knees for me?" he asked and smirked again.

"You're such a perv!" I yelled and he sat back on his bed.

"So what are your plans for New Year's?" Toby asked, probably trying to change the topic.

"Well, I'm going to this super awesome party in Lawrence Foxx's house," I lied.

"You got invited to that? How do you even know him?"

"Um, fine, I didn't get invited. But don't worry, someone's going to ask me to it within the next few days. Hopefully," I admitted.

"You can just come with me," Toby offered.

"You got invited?"

"Yeah," he said and took out his phone. He showed me his invite on Facebook. "Lawrence was in my year in Rosewood High. Crazy popular."

"Fine, I'll go with you," I agreed and Toby smiled. "But that doesn't mean I forgive you, Toby Cavanaugh."

"And I ask again, why the fuck haven't you kicked me out yet?"

"Leave!" I demanded and laughed. Why couldn't I ever be mad at Toby?

The Devil Has Absजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें