Chapter 212

Chapter 212: Toby's POV

I stood awkwardly staring at Spencer. She dressed so informally, but still looking fine as ever. I felt stupid for going all out on this date. Shit, I wanted to cancel everything now.

"I'm going to go to Paige's house now," Emily said and walked out the door, but I could tell she really wanted to laugh. "Lock up!"

"Hi," Spencer finally said when Emily left. "Do you want to come in?"

"I thought we would leave, but..."

"I just wanted to change really fast," she replied, eyeing my outfit.

"Spencer, you look beautiful," I assured her, but she just smiled.

"But I'm still going to change really quickly. Come help me choose," she said and I followed her upstairs to Emily's room. I had been here a couple of times, but I didn't really feel any memories coming back to me when I stepped in.

Spencer ran to Emily's closet and started rampaging through her outfits.

"This dress okay?" Spencer asked me and pulled out a red one. "No, it'll probably make me look fat." She put it back in the closet and hurriedly took out all of Emily's dresses and kept asking me for my opinion. Before I could even answer, she would decide the dress didn't suit her and toss it back.

"Spencer, calm the fuck down!" I finally shouted. "I like what you're wearing now, but if you so insist on changing, I suggest you wear this. It matches my shirt."

I pulled out a navy blue dress from the hodgepodge of dresses and handed it to her.

"Fine," she finally replied. Spencer removed her shirt, revealing her bra and pulled down her jeans so she was only in panties. I tried not to stare at that beautiful body of her and those fine ass legs.

"I'll just step out for a second," I said and waited her outside.

After a few minutes, Spencer stepped out of Emily's room, clad in that gorgeous dress, looking pretty as ever.

"Damn!" I muttered and she smiled.

"Let's go."

I led her down the stairs and took her outside, where the limo I ordered was waiting for us.

"Please tell me that's for us," she said and I nodded. She squealed and gave me a light hug.

"Hop on in!"

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"So where are we going?" Spencer asked me excitedly.

"You'll see. We're almost here," I said as the limo driver pulled up to our destination. We were outside the classy French restaurant, Les Meilleurs Plats. I turned to Spencer to see her reaction, but it was not what I expected.

"Um, is this where we're eating?" Spencer asked and I could hear a tone of disappointment in her voice.

"Yeah! Haven't you been here before?"

"No, I heard the food sucks!" Spencer said, but then realized this was a date. "I mean, I just didn't think this was you."

"I thought you would like this, Spencer. I thought you would have been to a place like this."

"Just because my family is rich?" she asked.

"No, I didn't mean it like that. Whatever, let's just go inside."

I opened the door for her and we entered the restaurant. Everything was so fancy with the dim lighting, everyone wearing expensive clothes, and the light music. The waiter checked my reservations and led us to a table in the balcony of the restaurant. We were overlooking the ocean and the view was beautiful.

"This place looks hella expensive, Toby. Why did you choose this?"

"Look, it's not everyday I get to take the girl I like on a date. I need to make sure I go all out," I replied and Spencer smiled.

"You like me?" she asked subtly.

"I mean, you're cool," I said and she laughed.

"And you didn't want me to change into a dress in this fancy ass place?"

"Spencer, you're beautiful the way you are and I don't think what you wear makes a big impact on how great of a time I'm going to have with you."

"Well, that's sweet, Tobes, and I'm sorry for snapping at you earlier."

"I could never hate you," I admitted and she smiled.

"Really, Toby, really? I'm pretty sure you hated my guts before we even started dating."

"Well, true, true. I thought you were a psychotic bitch."

Spencer smirked. "Oh, babe, I still am."

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

After eating a hearty and very expensive meal, Spencer and I walked out of the restaurant, laughing at a story about California she was telling me. I reached for her hand, but she pulled back. What...? I tried to reach for her hand again, but this time, she crossed her hands across her chest. I removed my jacket and put it on her.

"Thanks," she replied, but I was still confused why she didn't want to hold my hand. "So what's next?"

"Um, I actually thought we would fuck now. Back seat of the limo."

"Excuse me?" Spencer asked when I got into the limo. She reluctantly stepped in and I laughed at how dainty she was.

"Gosh, Spence. Grow a sense of humor."

"I'll grow a sense of humor when you grow some balls," she replied, looking away from me.

"What?"

"Toby, can you just ask me to be your girlfriend again?" she finally screamed, this time looking directly into my eyes.

I had made Spencer Hastings crack. Mission accomplished.