Chapter 208

Chapter 208: Toby's POV

Before I could even say hi, Spencer flung herself onto me into a giant hug. Both of our phones dropped to the floor, but none of us could care less.

"I missed you," she sighed.

"I missed you more."

"Not possible," she said and I laughed. Finally, we let go, but I still held her hands in mine.

Should I kiss her? Do it, Toby! 

No, Toby, she's leaving back to California soon! Don't start a relationship you know you can't have!

"I thought you said you were with Mona."

"Well, obviously I'm not," I said and Spencer led me into Emily's house. I picked up our cell phones off the floor while Spencer laughed.

"When did you come here?"

"Like five minutes ago. I just dropped my luggage at my house, said hi to my parents, and came here," I said and sat down on the couch next to Spencer. "Where's Emily by the way?"

Spencer opened her mouth to reply, but Emily came rushing out from the kitchen. She put her hands on her hips upon seeing me.

"When did you come here?"

"While you were talking on the phone," Spencer replied. "He wanted to surprise me, I mean, us."

"Look, Em, I'm sorry for what happened in my house," I said.

Emily laughed and sat on the couch opposite from us. "Yeah, we were both immature about that whole situation."

I offered a friendly smile and Emily smiled back.

"Why don't I give you guys some time to talk?" Emily suggested. I nodded and she ran upstairs.

"I can't believe you went all the way to California," Spencer said.

"I know, it was, it was too impulsive," I admitted. "I should have at least called you first."

"Yeah."

"But congrats on using a gay guy on making me jealous. He doesn't even look like me, okay?" I said and Spencer giggled. Her laugh was the most precious thing ever.

"Better than using something that never even happened to make me jealous," she replied and I pushed her shoulder lightly. "So you met Kenny? And tell me how you guys ended up in jail."

"That's a long story, but I can say Kenny is...interesting," I said. "I think he has a crush on me."

"Ew!" Spencer exclaimed. "He has a boyfriend!"

"Speaking of boyfriends, Mona went to Stanford with Spencer!"

"I'm sorry, what?" Spencer asked, confused.

"This Asian guy that goes to your school. Apparently, Spencer is a guy's name too."

"Yeah, I know," Spencer replied.

"Well, if I did, a gay guy wouldn't have kissed me."

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sitting on Emily's couch, I had told Spencer everything that happened in California. Everything from approaching Mona to find where Spencer lived to getting bailed out by Kenny's parents. Spencer laughed through most parts and sometimes raised an eyebrow.

I still didn't tell her how I felt. I didn't even bring up the whole "I love you" conversation we had. Neither did she. I didn't know how to bring that up and I liked how we were talking now. Relaxed, calm, and friendly.

"So when are you going back to California?" I asked.

"A week or so. I don't know. I haven't talked to Melissa since I came here," Spencer said and leaned back on the sofa.

"Hey, if you're sleepy, I can go back home."

"I'm hella sleepy," she said and put her head on the opposite end of the couch. "I didn't get any sleep lasat night."

"Well, then I'll be leaving. I'll talk to you tomorrow," I said and stood up.

"No, Toby! Please stay. At least, until I fall asleep."

"Okay," I said nervously. I didn't know what she wanted to do.

I sat back down where I sat before and Spencer closed her eyes.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"I think she's asleep," I whispered to Emily. I had gotten up from the couch and was ready to go back home.

"Okay, I'll just let her sleep here for the night."

"Yeah, if we move her upstairs, she'll wake up. Poor girl."

"True. Let me just get a blanket from upstairs," Emily said and ran up the stairs once again.

I opened Emily's front door slowly, but closed it again. I walked slowly to Spencer and stared at her beautiful face. Even sleeping, she looked so serene.

I bent down and moved my lips in line with her cheek. As I moved in closer to place my lips on her cheek, her head moved and our lips touched. 

---

I'm sorry if there are grammar/spelling mistakes in this. I'm literally typing this with my eyes half closed.