Chapter 261

Chapter 261: Spencer's POV

It took me ten minutes to remove my dress and wash off all my makeup. It was past 2 AM and I was more tired than ever. My party was great, but I had to wait for every single guest to leave and then help Mom and Dad tidy up the hall. As I removed the last bits of my mascara, I wrapped a bath robe around my naked body and headed to my bed.

Knock. Knock.

Ugh, who could that even be?

I walked to the door and opened it, where Mark stood in pajamas.

"Hey, baby," he greeted me and kissed me.

"Not that I'm not happy to see you, babe, but I'm exhausted," I told him, but let him in.

"Don't worry, Spence. How about I'll just wait here with you until you fall asleep? Then I'll head back to my place."

"You really don't have to do this," I said even though I found it cute. "Go home and get some sleep."

"But I want to, Spence. Anyway, I can sleep during the day. By the way, I'm going to take Toby out to the Golden Gate Bridge tomorrow night so he can see its true beauty."

TOBY! THAT'S WHERE ONE OF MY KEYS WENT!

"Mark, I don't want to seem rude, but I just need some alone time right now. I've had a really busy evening and I just want to sleep."

"Spence, I'm letting you sleep," Mark replied and took a seat on the edge of my bed. "I'll tuck you in."

"Mark, please, I think it's best if you go back home," I said and walked towards the door. 

"Did I do something wrong?" he asked with concern. "Wait, are you naked under that robe? Do you have some girl stuff you want to do privately?"

"Ew, no!" I exclaimed and motioned to the door.

I didn't know if Toby would come, but I couldn't risk Mark being here when my visitor arrived. Wait, what if Toby had stood me up? Maybe he didn't even notice I slipped my key in his pocket. I'm so stupid.

"Spencer, just get under the covers and I'll turn the lights off and leave," Mark commanded and I reluctantly obeyed. "Good night, hun." He walked towards me and planted a kiss on my forehead.

"Night."

"I love you," Mark said to my shock and slight disappointment. He had never said that before and I didn't want to hurt him nor did I want to lie to him.

I didn't know what to reply to his proclamation, but luckily and unluckily, my hotel room door opened and interrupted us.

"Spencer?" Toby's voice called out.