Chapter 86

Chapter 86: Toby's POV

I turned the radio on and increased the volume to its maximum to avoid any conversation with the devil. I didn't even like the song that was playing, but it was better than listening to him.

"Do you mind turning that thing down?" he asked. "I'm in a great deal of pain."

I raised my right hand and put four of my fingers down.

"You should be thanking me for defending you!" Wren said. "Not flipping me off."

"I would have rather had you tell the truth then wrongly accuse my girl."

"Look, Toby, the Hastings already hate you. If I told the truth, it would just give them one more reason for you not to date Spencah."

I didn't answer because I knew that was true. I reduced my speed to about 20 miles per hour even tho we were on the freeway.

"Can you speed up?" Wren asked me. He was clutching his face and blood kept dripping down on my seat.

"Can you stop being an asshole?" I asked. "Ya, same answer to your question."

"Fine, just stop here and I'll walk to a payphone and tell the Hastings you abandoned me in the middle of the freeway."

"Well, they already hate me so sure thing."

I pulled over and got out of my car with the engine on so I could open Wren's door for him. It was the least I could do. I opened it and he got out. I closed his door. He walked slowly to the left side of the road and then next thing I knew, he hopped into the driver's seat and drove off.

I tried opening the passenger seat, but he drove off super quickly.

Fuck.