Chapter 131

Chapter 131: Spencer's POV

"MOM!" I yelled as she flung Toby's mom's ring out the door.

"What was an engagement ring doing on your finger?" she yelled back.

"OMG, I am not engaged, Mom! Why don't you ask questions FIRST before you act like a bitch?"

BOOM! Mom slapped me across my face. Hard. I didn't even say anything because I knew I deserved it.

"Don't you ever talk to me like that again," Mom said.

"I'm sorry," I apologized.

"Now, who proposed? That Cavanaugh kid?"

"Mom, he didn't propose. He just gave me his mom's old engagement ring as a gift," I explained.

"Which normal guy gives their girlfriend an engagement ring when he's not proposing? He needs to learn how to give some flowers or chocolates or something."

"That's the amazing thing about Toby, Mom. He's different and I like that."

"Wait, are you pregnant? Is that why he proposed?" Mom asked.

"For the love of God, I'm not! And Toby didn't propose. No proposal. You're NOT going to have a son-in-law. YET!"

"Well, I don't want to see you wearing that ring around, Spencer. It gives a very bad idea to all the other people in town. You don't want all the other parents to think you're eloping with some guy at the age of eighteen," Mom told me.

"Why do you always care about what other people think, Mom?" I asked, feeling really annoyed now. "It's my life and I'm eighteen now. I'm an adult and you need to start treating me like one and letting me make my own decisions."

"Oh, so you want to be treated like an adult?"

"Yes, Mom, that's all I want."

"Fine," Mom said and I was surprised. "Then go, pack your stuff, leave the house, get a job, pay for everything. Don't live here since you want to act so grown up now. Because, Spencer, it's my house, my rules."

Mom left for upstairs after that.

"Fine, Mom!" I yelled. "Maybe I will find my own place and then you'll see that I was way better off without Dad's and your stupid ass rules!"

Mom turned around and shot me a glare so I went out of the house to look for the ring. I was sure Mom had thrown it just on the porch and I looked all around. No ring. The porch was not very big and the ring would have been very to see because it was so bright and glistening.

After about two minutes, I still could not find the ring. No ring... Shit, what would I tell Toby?