Chapter 176

Chapter 176: Toby's POV

Why was Spencer taking so long? Surely, her plan hadn't actually worked. I was getting worried now and just as I was about to call her, she came walking towards my car. I unlocked the door as Spencer climbed in.

"Toby! Toby!" she yelled. "You're going to hate me so much."

"Spence, calm down," I told her as I started to get even more worried. "What's wrong?"

"I, I was about to, about to aalsjfslkjflsdjflsdkjflkjdsf."

"Spencer, calm down and speak in English please."

She turned towards me and frowned. "Mr. Wright's son was there and I told him I would do anything to get your job back. So he asked me out on a date."

"AND???" I yelled.

"I said yes," she said and looked away.

"You're going on a date with Lance?"

"That's his name?"

"You're going on a date with a guy you don't even know the name of!" I screamed. "WHY?"

"Toby, all I have to do is pretend to like him for one evening and then you'll have your job back!"

I was beyond pissed now, but I didn't want to fight. Again...

"Spencer, this is so stupid! Didn't you tell him we're dating?"

"I told him we're siblings," Spencer said and I laughed.

"You're joking, right?"

"No, it was the first thing that popped up in my mind."

"Maybe you should start thinking before talking," I said bluntly.

"I'll start when you start," she said and I could see a tear rolling down her cheek.

"Spencer, I'm sorry," I said and wiped her tear away. "I just don't want you going through this for me."

"Maybe I want to, Toby."

"But I'm coming too. Where's your date?"

"I have to meet him at the pizzeria on First Street at 7:00," Spencer said and I nodded.

"Great, I know where that is. I'm coming too to make sure he won't lay a finger on my girl."

"Toby, if he sees you..."

"He won't," I said. "I'll be in the back of the restaurant. Sitting at a table. And even if he sees me, he can't do anything about it. I can eat wherever I want. Besides, he barely knows what I look like."

"Good point. Will you be alone?" she asked.

"Does it matter?"

"I don't know. You could take a fake date to make it even," she said and smirked.

"True. Let me just call up my side bitch," I said and picked up my phone.