Chapter 190

Chapter 190: Toby's POV

Damn, Emily looked PISSED! I didn't even think she had the ability to get angry.

"Well, I'll be leaving now," Alison said and started for the door. "Call me," she added and triumphantly walked out.

"Tobias Cavanaugh!" Emily yelled and walked up to me. "What the HELL?" She slapped me across the face. Shit, she was strong.

"Ow!" I yelled.

"You just ended a relationship with Spencer and you were complaining about how much you love her! And then I find you in a compromising position with Alison!"

"Emily, we didn't even kiss! She was trying to seduce me and I actually thank you for interrupting us."

"This doesn't get you off the hook," Emily glared.

"Look, I'm single. It's not your responsibility to look over me. I can do whatever I want with whomever I want."

"You're hurting Spencer," she said.

That was the last straw.

"SHE'S NOT HERE, OKAY! SPENCER LEFT ME AND YOU DON'T THINK THAT HURT ME? ARE YOU SERIOUSLY THAT NAIVE TO THINK THAT SPENCER IS THE ONLY ONE GETTING HURT?"

Oh shit, Emily was in tears now.

"Em, that was totally not cool of me," I apologized and I really meant it.

"I was just trying to help," she said and hugged me. I sighed, relieved she wasn't mad at me. Our tender moment was interrupted by her phone ringing. She let go and looked at it.

"It's Spencer."

"Why does she never call me?" I wondered.

"Probably girl talk," Emily assured me and picked it up, putting it on speaker.

"Em!" Spencer yelled. "California is so weird!"

I smiled at the thought of that and Emily started laughing. "The weather or the people?"

"Everything," Spencer replied. "But the boys are cute as hell. Especially this one guy I met in my school today."

I wanted to hang up the phone, but Emily was curious to hear more.

"Tell me everything!" she said. Girls were so dramatic. Gross.

"Well, I kinda thought he was Toby at first," Spencer said and I almost choked. "He looks just like him, Em! I think I might be attracted to him."

I couldn't take this bullshit any longer. I snatched the phone from Emily and took a deep breath.

"Spence, you're worried that I'm going to move on yet you can slut it up with anyone?" I shouted. "So much for your double standards."

"Toby?" she asked.

"Yes, it's me. Emily's in my house."

"Why, why didn't she tell me you were listening to this whole conversation?" Spencer asked. She sounded mad.

Emily blushed and muttered something about needing water and scurried to the kitchen.

"Because then you wouldn't admit anything," I said. "Have fun with this me-look-alike."

"Toby," she began, but I didn't want to listen to her. "I just bumped into him today. He was totally checking me out. That's all."

She wanted to play the jealous game? Well, two can play that!

"Well, Alison and I almost fucked against the wall today," I muttered and hung up the phone.