Chapter 149

Chapter 149: Spencer's POV

WHAT? Toby had to be kidding!

"What are you saying?" I asked.

"Look, don't get mad, but I called you in for stealing my mom's ring."

BAM! I slapped that cunt right across the cheek.

"What the fuck, Toby! How am I supposed to not be mad that my own boyfriend wants me arrested?"

"I just wanted you to calm down," Toby retorted. "I'll get you out of here, don't worry. I just don't like how you called in Alison and I needed you to realize that you're not the victim here. Plus, now the cops will have some pity on you."

"That's stupid as fuck," I said, feeling more betrayed than ever.

"Well, you never tell me anything, Spencer! Now you know how I feel. At least I'm confronting you and telling you the truth. Something you never do."

I honestly couldn't believe Toby now. Why would he go through such great lengths just to prove a point? The officer opened the door again and Toby was told to leave.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"How long do you think Alison's going to be in there for? All those questions must really be tough," Toby said as he drove me home. He had explained to the cops, I had gotten the ring back, but that didn't mean everything was okay between us.

"Spencer?" he asked. I was sitting in the back seat, still mad at him. 

"I'm not talking to you," I said as he pulled over to my house. I got out and so did he.

"Spencer, wait!" he said and held my shoulder. At this point, my eyes were watering. I turned around, more furious than ever.

"No, I will not!" I shouted. "And here's your damn ring back." I removed his mom's ring and threw it on the ground. "This means nothing to me and neither do you!"

"What are you trying to say?" he asked. He didn't even bother to pick up the ring.

"I can never trust you again. With anything..." I said and I was crying now. Toby put his hand on my face, but I shoved it away.

"Goodbye," I said as his beautiful face turned sad. "Forever."

"Okay," he said calmly, but I could see his pain. "I got a job in Bucks County anyway and I start in two days."

"You didn't tell me you applied for a job."

"I didn't think you would care," Toby said bluntly.

"Well, I did. And you didn't. And that's the problem. As usual," I said and turned around.

He didn't even bother to stop me this time. I went inside my house and ran up to my room. I exploded in tears, but I managed to pick myself up and look out the window. There Toby stood, just stood doing nothing. Then he bent down, picked up his mom's ring, and went into his car. But he didn't drive away. I just saw his head bend down and lay on the steering wheel. And I saw something I never thought I would see: Toby Cavanaugh was crying.