Chapter 174

Chapter 174: Toby's POV

I recognized this town. Why had Spencer brought me to Bucks County?

"Spence, turn around right now. It's way too late to be here."

"No, Toby. We're staying here for the night."

"Spencer, trust me. This place is way too fucking dangerous for you. And why are we even here?"

"Didn't you stay here when you were working here?" she asked me.

"Yeah, in a motel. I'm not sleeping in my car."

"We're staying at my lake house here."

"You have a lake house here?" I asked.

"Of course," she replied and then I remembered how rich the Hastings were.

"Look, why are we here?"

"I'll tell you tomorrow morning," she said and I realized she brought me here to hook up in her cabin.

"Spencer, as much as I want to, and you know I want to," I said and Spencer looked confused. "It's still unsafe here. Especially for you."

"What's that supposed to mean?"

"Well, you're a girl," I said as douchy as it was.

"Then be a man and protect your girlfriend."

And that was the end of the conversation.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Spencer, I didn't bring a condom," I admitted when we entered her lakehouse. Damn, it was hella big. Did Spencer bring all her boyfriends here?"

"Excuse me?" Spencer said and flicked on more lights. I checked my watch awkwardly and saw it was past 10.

"Um, I don't know, I thought this was some kind of...? I tried to say, but stopped talking because she looked mad.

"I didn't bring you here to bang you, Toby. I can do that in Rosewood. I brought you here because we're getting your job back."

"WHAT?" I gasped.

"Tomorrow morning, we're getting your job back."

"That's not possible. Spencer, just leave it."

"Do you trust me?" she asked and moved closer to me.

"Of course."

"Then trust me. I'll get you your job back," she assured and kissed me.

But what if I didn't trust Spencer?