Chapter 193

Chapter 193: Spencer's POV

Kenny burst out laughing. What a cunt.

"I'm kidding!" he said and I didn't know if he was joking or not. "I'm single, well, I don't really know about that, but, I don't know."

"So do you have a date to the dance or not?" I asked, not understanding his rant.

"I don't even know if I'm going honestly. My parents are so strict on where I go and when I go to events where they're not present."

I don't know why, but I sympathized with him. "You have strict parents too?"

"Crazy harsh. All I need to focus on are my grades, college apps, and football," Kenny replied and shook his head. "It sucks."

"I'm sorry," I said and he smiled. We were approaching school. "Hey, if you want, I can help you with this dance. I was on student council all four years in my old school. I'm great with finances and organizing and I'd love to help."

Kenny turned to me and smiled. "Meeting today after school. My house," he said and took my phone. He typed something in and gave it back. He said goodbye and went in the opposite direction as me. I checked my phone to see what he had put in. His number! And address! Damn, he was cute. 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I took the bus from school to Kenny's house. School wasn't that bad and people were actually pretty nice. I had made a couple of friends and Kenny talked to me whenever he saw me. We had two classes together and he kept making sure I knew what was happening in class.

I got off the bus when I had reached his stop. I had to walk some distance to get in his neighborhood. My jaw dropped me when I saw his house. It was huge! Damn, Kenny was rich! I walked to the front door nervously and rang the bell. Almost immediately, Kenny opened the door and started laughing. Ugh, his laugh was annoying as hell.

"It's 3:15, Spencer," he said. "Meeting starts at 4:00 and the rest of student council has after school activities so they'll probably come at 4:30."

"Oh," I said stupidly. "Should I come home?"

Kenny started laughing again. "Come in, stupid."

I stepped into his grand house. Damn, it was huge!

"My parents aren't home yet, but you can come upstairs. We can work on that AP English assignment," he said and I started laughing this time. I followed him upstairs. I was kind of scared to be alone with a boy.

Kenny led me to his room and it was even bigger than his living room. I didn't even think it was possible. I guess he caught me staring at his huge room because he started laughing again. 

"Huge, right?"

"Hell ya! What do you even do with this huge ass bed?"

"Fuck girls," he said and I laughed this time.

"Yeah, my parents are super strict who I bring to my house. Only people for school projects and student council."

"Sounds like mine," I said and Kenny nodded.

"So you can't take a girl to Winter Promenade?" I questioned.

"I can take a girl," he said and blushed.

"Then what's the problem?"

"Spencer, you're going to judge me," Kenny pouted and I shook my head.

"I've had a horrible past and in that time, I learned not to make assumptions," I admitted.

"Well, I'm gay, okay?" Kenny said and stuffed his face into one of the pillows on his bed.