Chapter 138

Chapter 138: Toby's POV

Why was Spencer being this rude to Alison? She had obviously been traumatized and she just needed some support.

"You know what?" Ali began. "I think I'm going to go to Emily's house now."

"You can't go alone," I said. "I'll come with you."

"It's fine, really," she said.

"Look, I know you're not ready to face Rosewood all alone again," I said and saw Spencer roll her eyes.

"Thanks," she said and the three of us went out the door.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Toby!" Emily greeted me when she opened the door.

"I'm sorry it's a bit early, but I have a special guest for you," I said and Alison stepped from behind me.

"Hi," Alison said timidly leaving Emily's face emotionless.

"Alison? Alison DiLaurentis?"

"Surprise, surprise!" Spencer said sarcastically. "She was kidnapped!"

"Well, come in! Please, come in!" Emily said and we walked inside and sat on the living room couch.

"Are you okay? Sit down. I should call my mom. Wow, do the other girls know? When did you even come back? Where were you? How are you feeling? Did you get hurt? Who kidnapped you?" Emily ranted on.

"Shut up, Em," Spencer said fondly and Emily blushed.

"I'm sorry, but this is just so unbelievable," Emily apologized. "I think I need some air. Please excuse me. Sorry."

Emily went into the backyard and I followed her.

"Em, how are you feeling?" I asked her as she stood on her lawn.

"She's going to make my life a living hell is what I'm feeling," Emily said.

"Wow, will nobody give her a second chance? Spencer has been nothing but mean to her and I thought you would at least have some sympathy towards her?"

"Why, cause I'm the lesbian?" Emily asked.

"No!" I said, astonished. "Cause you're the NICE one!"

"What's going on in here?" Spencer asked as she walked in on us. "Don't freaking leave me alone with Ali again!"

"Wow, are you guys really that selfish?" I asked. "Fine, you two can stay here and talk it out and I'll go sit with Alison!"

I opened the backyard door and walked back into the living room. But there was nobody there. No one at all...