Chapter 218

Chapter 218: Toby's POV

The blond girl I was dancing with, who introduced herself as Marie, kept grinding her ass all over my dick, and while most guys would have loved to be in my position, it felt awkward for me.

"Toby!" I heard a voice. I turned to see Emily and Paige standing next to me, holding hands.

"Hey, how's it going?" I asked, still dancing awkardly with Marie.

"We were actually going to head out," Emily replied. "This place is a little wild for us."

"Oh, are you going to take Spencer with you?" I asked, but then realize how naive I was.

"We were actually going to go back to my place," Paige said shyly.

"Oh, OHHHH! I understand. Don't worry, I'll drop Spencer at Hanna's or Aria's," I offered.

"Say bye to Spence for me," Emily said and left with Paige.

"Are you having fun?" Marie suddenly asked. I had forgotten about her.

"Yeah, but I think I'm going to go get a drink!" I shouted as the song ended. We had been dancing for almost twenty minutes and it was just getting boring now.

"You don't want to dance more?" she asked and frowned.

"I'll be back," I promised and made a run for it.

I made my way to the bar where I saw Spencer with her head on the table.

"Spencer!" I screamed and perked her head up. "Are you okay?"

She stared at me in confusion and then poked my head with her finger.

"What?" she asked and then started giggling. I noticed the multiple empty cocktail glasses next to Spencer.

Shit, she was beyond drunk.

The bartender came to me and asked me what I wanted to drink.

"Excuse me? I don't want a drink! And how many drinks did you give this young lady right here?"

"How many ever she wanted," he replied. "She said she could handle it."

"Well, obviously she couldn't!" I said as I held Spencer's head upright. "She never drinks! Can you just give me a bunch of water?"

The bartender shrugged his shoulders and returned with a huge jug of water.

"Look, Spencer," I said and looked her in the eye. I crouched so that our heads were at the same level. She was staring at me cross-eyed and then started laughing again. "I'm going to need you to drink all this water." 

I handed her the jug of water, but she pushed it away. I tried shoving some water down her mouth, but she took a sip and then spit it out on my face.

I was beyond grossed out now, but I knew I had to do this to make sure she was okay.

"Hey, are you coming or not?" Marie's voice echoed behind me. 

"One second, let me just make sure my friend is okay," I replied without turning around to see her.

"Need help?" I heard a man's voice coming from the right of me. I put the water jug on the floor, stood up, and turned to see all the people surrounding me. The man was wearing a t-shirt and jeans and looked like he was in his late twenties. He smiled as he asked the question - an innocent, helpful smile.

"Huh?" I asked and crouched back down so I could hold Spencer's hands.

"Go dance with that pretty girl," he said and pointed to Marie, who stood a few feet away, admiring her nails. "I'll take care of your friend here."

I didn't know if I should trust this random stranger with my princess, but he looked so kind.

"I'm Frankie by the way," he said and offered his hand.

"Toby," I said, but didn't shake it. I was still holding Spencer's hands as her head started leaning on my shoulder.

"Look, you clearly don't know how to handle drunk people," he began and retracted his hand. "But I have dealt with this before and I'll watch over your friend. Don't worry, I'll make sure she's sober by the time you finish dancing with that fine lady."

"Just tell me what to do and she'll be fine," I said.

"Well, you can't just shove water down her mouth," Frankie told me and took the jug from me. He asked the bartender for a glass and then turned back to me. "Now, just relax and I'll take care of her."

"Promise?" I asked uneasily.

"Don't worry, Toby. I've done this before and I only want to help you out."

I let go of Spencer's hand and Frankie took over. I could trust him. He was super nice and he obviously knew more about this than I did.

"What's in it for you though?"

"Maybe I can dance with the pretty girl after you're done?" he asked and I laughed.

"Deal," I said and walked to Marie.

"What's her name by the way?" Frankie called out.

"Marie!" I yelled back and walked with the attractive blonde back onto the dance floor. Something still bothered me about Frankie, but I knew that if he tried to do anything bad to Spencer, I could stop him since I was watching them from a few yards away.