Chapter 216

Chapter 216: Toby's POV

"Tobes, I'm tired of you sulking here," Dad said as I watched TV in the living room.

"I'm watching TV, Dad."

"Just because you broke up with Spencer for good doesn't mean you can stay inside the living room in your pajamas all day. It's night. Go out!"

"You want me to go outside on my own?"

"Better than staying here all depressed," Dad said and I groaned. "Go meet new people!"

Well, last time I met new people, a gay guy kissed me.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I looked at my phone as I stood in line of the club I had been to a very long time ago. Shit, still no texts or calls from Spencer. I put away my phone and checked out my surroundings. I didn't know what prompted me to come here, but I had nowhere else to go and Dad was right: I needed some fun.

I checked out the people in front of me. Damn, a sexy, tall girl, wearing a red dress, stood a few places in front of me. I pushed my way through the crowd and tapped the girl's shoulder.

"Toby!" the girl screamed when she turned around.

"Oh shit, Emily!" Wow, this was awkward. "What are you doing here?"

"Well, I'm supposed to be meeting Paige here, but she's running a few minutes late," she replied, not sounding happy at all. Was she mad at me?

"Do you have a problem with me?" I asked rather rudely.

"No, I just didn't want Spencer to see you tonight."

"Spencer's here?" I asked excitedly.

"She went to talk to some girl," Emily replied and pointed in front of her. I walked past more people until I saw Spencer's beautiful long brown hair talking to someone that looked oddly familiar...Jade!

"Hey!" Jade greeted me casually as I walked to her.

Spencer turned around and smirked. "Hey, cutie."

"Hi," I said and kissed her lightly on the cheek. She didn't react and Jade laughed.

"Such a surprise to see both of you here. Spencer was just telling me about how she moved to California."

"Didn't know you two were friends," I said and grabbed Spencer by the hand.

"Well, I'll catch up with you later," Jade said and gave us both a smile. I didn't want to admit it, but she was damn hot, wearing a white crop top and a super short, a little too short, black skirt.

Spencer dragged me out of line and went back to Emily.

"Who's she?" Emily asked.

"Some whore," Spencer and I both replied at the same time and she burst out giggling.

"Why are you even here, Toby, might I ask?" Emily asked. "Did Spencer tell you we were coming here?"

"I didn't even know we were coming here!" Spencer defended herself.

The line moved slowly as we argued. Emily did not have patience for me and kept insisting I was stalking them and followed them when they left her house.

"Bullshit!" I said as we approached the front. 

"ID's?" the guy at the front asked and I pulled out my fake ID. Emily had hers and Spencer's prepared, but the guy eyed Spencer.

"You're a 22-year-old named Connie Bullthrow?" he asked and Spencer nodded. "Get out and go plan your junior prom."

"What?" I stepped in. "She's my date. We're both 22. We come here all the time."

"I don't have time for negotiating," he said and Spencer frowned.

"It's ok, I don't really want to be here anyway," she whispered in my ear.

"Don't worry, she's with me," a voice said from behind us and took Spencer by the shoulder and went confidently in the club. The guy at the front nodded and I rushed in to see this mysterious admirer.

"Cavanaugh," the mystery man greeted me when I turned him around by his shoulder.

I gasped and then moaned to see who stood before me...that stupid ass car stealing, British doctor, home wrecker, two timer, Hastings sisters lover...