Chapter 103

Chapter 103: Spencer's POV

"Great party, right, Spence?" Hanna said as I walked up to the girls.

"Yeah, yeah, but do you guys know Mona is here?" I asked.

"Yeah, I saw her at the beginning. Thought she was invited by Toby," Aria replied.

"Speaking of Toby," I confessed. "Something's wrong with him and I don't know what to do. He's hiding something from me and I just can't get him to spill."

"What do you mean?" Emily asked.

"Well, he and Mona have suddenly become friends! And I know this party for me was either an excuse or a part of something else." I also told them about the whole incident at Toby's house and how Jenna and Mona knew each other.

"Look, Spence," Aria said. "Just stop thinking about that and start trusting your boyfriend. And it's your party! Enjoy it like everyone else is!"

"You're right, but I just want some answers from him."

"Well, why don't you pretend to break up with him and see if he confesses then," Hanna said.

I was about to yell at Hanna for suggesting stupid ideas as usual, but then I realized that it wasn't so stupid after all.

"You are a genius, Han!" I yelled and walked away to Toby.

"Toby," I said. "We need to talk."

"Sure, about what?"

"I don't know, but let's go somewhere private." 

We left hand in hand to the back of the train. The fresh air was nice, but it was a little cold for me.

"Are you cold?" he asked and began to remove his suit jacket. "Here, wear this." He put it on me.

"Wow, you're such a gentleman," I said fondly and realized why I fell in love with him in the first place.

"So what's up?" he asked worriedly. "Are you okay?"

Ugh, I was falling into his trap. Grow some courage and speak up, Spencer.

"I think we need to be more honest with each other so I'm going to just tell you something horrible I did and I feel so bad about it, Toby."

"Um, okay, what did you do?"

"After Wren ditched you, he came back to my house and we, we kinda kissed," I lied.

"WHAT?" Toby screamed.

"I know, I'm such a slut!" I said. "But, see? I told you a secret that I've been hiding for a while. Do you have anything you want to tell me? Some kind of secret?"

"Spencer, how could you do this to me?" he said. He was pissed and looked really hurt.

"Ugh," I said. "Fine, I'll just tell you the truth. I didn't kiss Wren. He didn't even come back to my house, okay? I made that up so you would tell me something."

"What are you hoping I would tell you, Spencer?" Toby asked.

"Maybe the fact that you might be cheating on me with Mona!" I screamed.

------

Lol if you thought Spencer was suspicious of Toby because she thought he was A... well, this is awk now...