Planning a proposal (Naegiri)

Makoto Naegi walked out of the jewelry store. He was carrying a bag with a very special object inside it. An object that would change his life forever.
It was a diamond ring.
Makoto was going to propose to his girlfriend Kyoko Kirigiri. They've been dating for six years and Makoto thought it was time to take it to the next step.
"Okay, so what am I going to do", thought the ultimate lucky student. "Kyoko is very special to me. So this needs to be special."
Makoto got on a bus, and as soon as he sat down, he began planning how to propose to his girlfriend. "Should I take her out to dinner? No, too cliche. Maybe take her somewhere with a nice view? No wait, I don't know any other places like those!"
No matter how much Makoto planned, he just couldn't think of the perfect proposal. "Well, I'm anyways not planning on proposing today, so I've got enough time to plan. Oh wait, this is my stop."
The bus came to a halt, as Makoto stood up from his seat and climbed off the bus. He walked into his and Kyoko's apartment. He saw the detective sleeping on the couch. "Better not let her see this", thought Makoto, as he took the bag with the ring in it to hide it somewhere. After that, he went to the couch and kissed Kyoko on her forehead. This woke her up. "Hey." Kyoko rubbed her eyes then smiled. "Hey." "You seem exhausted. Long day at work?" The lavender haired girl raised her eyebrow. "What do you think?" Makoto chuckled.
"How was the first day of your week off?", asked Kyoko. "Pretty good. Got to run some errands." "What kind of errands?" "Nothing too special." Kyoko yawned. "Well, it's almost lights out, so what say we go to bed?" Makoto grinned. "I couldn't agree more." The couple walked to their bedroom. "So, heard it's your week off tomorrow too", said Makoto. Kyoko was too tired to speak so she simply nodded.
The two lovers got dressed into sleepwear and climbed into bed. "Night babe", said Makoto. "Night."

The next morning

Makoto turned on the stove and started cooking eggs for breakfast. After a few minutes the eggs were done and he put them on plates for him and Kyoko. He also added slices of toast and bacon.
Kyoko then walked into the room. "Morning Kyoko! Sleep well?" "Morning, and yes, I did." "That's good, cause I made you a tasty breakfast."
The couple went to the table and enjoyed a tasty breakfast together. "Maybe I can take Kyoko out today. No wait, that's also too cliche."
After breakfast, Makoto took the dishes to the kitchen. "Maybe invite some of our friends over for a party then I'll propose there! Or no, maybe that's too..." "Hey Makoto." Makoto turned and saw something that made his heart stop. "What's this?", asked Kyoko, who was holding a bag. The bag with the ring in it.
"Wh-where d-d-did you get that?", stuttered Makoto. Kyoko began explaining. "I saw it last night. I've never seen it before, and the only time I ever did was, again, last night, when no one else was here. Meaning, you brought this here."
Makoto face palmed himself. "Of course. Can't hide anything from your girlfriend when she's the ultimate detective." "Well you see, funny story..." But before Makoto could start explaining, Kyoko took out a small black box from the bag and opened it, seeing a diamond ring. She covered her mouth with her hand as her eyes widened. Makoto, however, was freaking out. "Um, I can explain! I mean, you can probably figure out what's going on, but I'm sorry if this is too straightforward! Please don't be mad!", he freaked out, shutting his eyes for what was to come.
There was a moment of silence. "Yes." Makoto opened his eyes. "Huh?" He then saw Kyoko smiling with tears in her eyes. "Yes!", she exclaimed again, dashing to Makoto and kissing him passionately for five seconds. She then pulled off her glove, then placed the ring on her finger, then pit her glove back on. She then hugged Makoto. The lucky student had an idea. "What say we go out for dinner. You know, to celebrate our upcoming marriage." Kyoko looked him in the eyes. "I'd like that."