Mermaid (Nalu)

Mermaid AU

Natsu was carrying a bag around his arm to a hidden pond in a cave.
"Hey, Luce? You here?" The sound of something swimming in water echoed through the cave, with a blonde girl rising out of a pond. "Natsu! You came back!" "Yeah. Oh, I brought you something." Natsu took something out of his bag. A necklace. It was made up of a string and gemstones.

"Natsu! It's beautiful!" Lucy wanted to kiss him, but resisted the urge

"Natsu! It's beautiful!" Lucy wanted to kiss him, but resisted the urge. The truth is, she was in love with Natsu, but she didn't want to burden him with them being of two different worlds and all.
"Yeah. You have no idea how hard it was to find those stones." Natsu looked at the mermaid. "Want me to put it on for you?" The blonde nodded with such speed. The salmon haired man swung the piece of jewelry over her head.
"It looks beautiful on you." Lucy blushed at the comment. "Ah! What I meant was..." "I know what you meant."
The rest of the day the two just chatted over random topics until it was time for Natsu to leave.
"Do you really have to leave?" "Yeah. Don't worry though. Tomorrow I'll come back. That's a promise." Lucy smiled. She knew Natsu was never one to break his promises. "Okay. See you tomorrow." "Yeah. See ya."
Natsu walked off, leaving the blonde mermaid looking at her necklace. "It hurts so much. I just want to be with him. But I can't. Not while I'm like this."

Natsu arrived back at his hometown and went straight to a different house. "Is it done?" A girl with long white hair popped out from behind a cauldron. "Almost. I just need one final ingredient."
"And that is?" "A drop of human blood." Natsu was shocked, but then took a nearby dagger. "Natsu, what are you doing?" "What does it look like Mirajane. I'm giving my blood." Natsu pricked his index finger and held it over the cauldron, making a drop of blood fall into it.
"You must really love this girl if you're willing to do this." "More than you know."

The next day, Lucy waited for Natsu. She then looked into the horizon and saw the said man running towards her, but he approached excited.
"Luce!" "Hey Na-!" "Try this! Right now!" Lucy looked at Natsu's hands and saw a strange elixir. She took it and inspected it. "What's this for?" "Just drink it and find out!"
Lucy, reluctantly at first, opened the bottle and drank the contents inside. "It tastes like salt water." She then noticed a strange glow coming from beneath her. She looked down to see the glow coming from her tail.
"Natsu? What's happening?"
The tail separated into two, then took on different shapes while the scales transformed into flesh. Eventually, the glow stopped.
Lucy looked down into the water and saw strange sight. Her tail wasn't there anymore. Lucy tried to move, and so did the strange shapes in the water.
She decided to climb out of the water to see better. Once she did, she was surprised beyond recognition.
Her tail had been transformed into human legs. "Natsu?" "It worked! You have legs! You can walk on earth now!" Lucy was confused, so she climbed out of the pond and placed her new feet on the ground. She flinched at the feeling, but got over it. She then stood up, and walked for the first time.
"I'm walking. I'm walking! I have legs! Just like you!" Lucy looked at Natsu to see he was blushing and looking away. "Natsu?" "Lucy, you do realize you're naked, right?" Lucy looked down to see she wasn't anything below. "I don't see a problem. But why did you do this for me?" Natsu scratched the back if his head. "Well, the thing is, I... kinda fell in live with you." Lucy held her hand front of her mouth.
Natsu waited for the rejection, but instead felt a shadow loom over him. He looked up to see Lucy fall into his arms. "I love you too."
They then shared a passionate kiss, sealing the deal on their relationship.