Stories (Dustbunny)

Fantasy AU

Rumi entered the forest on her horse, looking around for a certain person.
She looked in the distance and saw a black horse standing by a tree, and man with it.

"Found you", said Rumi, her horse galloping towards the man. The man turned around to see the woman stop right in front of him.
"Quite the entrance." "Was it good?" "Didn't say that it wasn't." "That's not a real answer Tenko."
The two sat by a rock. Rumi took Tenko's sword and cleaned it with her handkerchief.
"What stories do you have in store for me today, oh brave adventurer?"

Tenko began to tell Rumi his tale. This had been a normal routine for the two.
Tenko was an adventurer and Rumi was a barmaid. Whenever Tenko returned from a journey and Rumi got the chance, they'd get together and Tenko would tell Rumi of what he has seen on his travels.

Little did he know, Rumi grew from loving his stories to loving him in general. Though, she's a simple barmaid, while he gets to travel the world.
But little did she know, her feelings for Tenko weren't one sided.
Tenko enjoyed telling stories to Rumi, but not as much as seeing her face. The face of admiration. He couldn't help but feel sad too. Sad that she has to stay in town and work while he gets to see things not many people get a chance to.

"What happened next?", asked Rumi. "Hm?" "After stopping the band of thieves. What happened after?" "Get this, the mayor let me keep some of the cash." "What did you buy with it?"
Tenko stood up and held out his arm, a bag in his hand. "I was actually planning on giving it to you."
Rumi was shocked. "I-I can't..." "Yes you can. It's not fair I tell you stories without you actually experiencing the world out there. So here. Take the money, and use it to benefit yourself better than you already do."

Rumi couldn't hold back anymore. She jumped to Tenko and kissed him passionately on the lips. She pulled away in embarrassment. "Sorry."
Tenko grabbed Rumi by the waist and returned the kiss he received before. Rumi melted into the kiss, making the couple fall to the ground.
They separated and leaned their foreheads against each other.
"I love you."
Tenko placed his hand on the side of Rumi's face.
"I love you too."